evening primrose oil

bobbie88

Reaction score
anyone used evening primrose oil before?

when can you start taking it and how much dosage?

I started taking it at 37 weeks, as I read you shouldn't take it until you're considered full term. I take 500 mgs 4 times a day orally and 1 capsule vaginally at bedtime (so the oil doesn't leak out during the day). I bought a bottle of 60 capsules and have only one left for today... 39 weeks and 4 days and so far no baby. But I read that it helps efface and that it also prevents tearing during labor so even if labor doesn't happen from it, it's worth trying out!

It's suggested at 37 weeks, but I started using 1 capsule vaginally at 36 weeks, after having a scan showing baby's lungs fully developed and baby having very broad shoulders. Then, I took 1 capsule by mouth and 2-3 vaginally every night from 37 weeks. My baby was born at 38w3d, naturally, no tears, just a wonderful and easy experience.

I started taking two a day at 34 weeks, and upped it to 4 a day at 38 weeks. I think it really helped me to dilate faster because I went from 2cm at 36 weeks, 3cm at 37 weeks, 4cm at 38 weeks, and then gave birth at 38+4 weeks, and was already 6cm before my contractions started to hurt. :flower:

Also, this thread has a ton of useful info on EPO. https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...eaf-tea-rlt-evening-primrose-oil-epo-faq.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->