• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Evening primrose oil..

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
Is anyone using this, or planning to use it? :) I don't know much about it, and I was just wondering if it's worth taking.. Tia! X

My OB has had me taking it orally for a week now. She said this week that I can start an additional one vaginally inserted, then next week at 36 weeks insert two tablets at night (along with the one orally).

We'll see how it goes! I never used it with my first so I have no idea if it actually helps or does anything, but anything to make my labor shorter and more productive is worth a try in my opinion.

Thank you for replying! :) Can you insert the oral capsules vaginally too? Or do they have to be a special kind?

I hope they help you! X

Tried it with my third but still went over 10 days Snd needed an episiotomy. I think it's hit and miss.

I've used it with all of my babies and will use it again this time. I've had three beautiful deliveries and easy, quick labors. I buy 1,000mg tablets and at 36 weeks, I take one orally and one vaginally at bedtime (yes, the same tablet, and yes, they do leak out quite a bit, so wear protection!).

I took this to help with conception (pretty sure it had a big impact on me conceiving the first time using it) so I'm interested in what it's for when you're close to labor. Could you ladies fill me in? Thanks!

I took this with DD, I took one orally and one vaginally at night. While I was induced at 39 weeks I was 4 cm dilated by that point. I plan on taking it again starting at 36 weeks.

Thank you for the replies ladies, I've ordered myself some! :) x

As far as inserting them vaginally, if you buy the softgels, then you can use the same tablet for oral and vaginal use. Some people poke holes in the softgels before sticking them up there (lol), but I didn't find it necessary. It all melts inside so you're not left with a shell from the tablet or anything. It's not super comfy though... I do it at night and wear a panty liner b/c it kinda leaks out. I've heard of some people taking the tampon out of an applicator and then putting the pills in there to insert it easier. I haven't tried that but maybe I will because I'm not sure I'm getting them up far enough - lol! The joys of pregnancy, right?

As far as people who mention that it didn't make them go into labor before their due date, I'm pretty positive it's not meant for that. It's mostly meant to help your labor be more productive and efficient (by softening and ripening your cervix), but won't induce labor. At least that's how my doctor explained it to me? Hope this helps :)

I did poke holes in the ones that were inserted vaginally just to make sure the oil came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->