Evening primrose oil

blueeyedgirl1

PALTTTCAL!
Reaction score
Anyone here take it?

My hormones are completely out of whack, I'm on CD24 following first AF after MMC in December and haven't ovulated. I've got weird CM (the same I had as when I was pregnant, but I've done a test and I'm not), my skin is breaking out, my moods are all over the place and my cervix hasn't moved - it's been low/medium, soft and open for weeks now.

I'm wondering if EPO would help sort my hormones out a tiny bit but obviously don't want to do any harm to my body & cycle as it is. I'm going to go see my doctor if I get to CD42 without AF or ovulation but am itching to try to help things along before then.

Anyone here take it?

My hormones are completely out of whack, I'm on CD24 following first AF after MMC in December and haven't ovulated. I've got weird CM (the same I had as when I was pregnant, but I've done a test and I'm not), my skin is breaking out, my moods are all over the place and my cervix hasn't moved - it's been low/medium, soft and open for weeks now.

I'm wondering if EPO would help sort my hormones out a tiny bit but obviously don't want to do any harm to my body & cycle as it is. I'm going to go see my doctor if I get to CD42 without AF or ovulation but am itching to try to help things along before then.

Hi Blueeyed girl

Im taking EPO to help with any Hormonl imbalance in my body after missing a period completly, you can take it from first day of AF to ovulation then you have to stop until your next AF. I started taking it to bring my menstrual cycles back in to wack after not ovulating and not getting a period.
Apparently it also helps increase CM :)

xx

Great thanks. We're off the TTC wagon, down to WTT for a bit whilst my work life sorts itself out, but I think that's a great time to try to regulate my cycles anyway. I'll get myself some EPO for when AF finally does show up. :)

i have a hormonal imbalence and take EPO and also royal jelly. def think they are both helping, although only been taking then a short while. the royal jelly really increases my sex drive and OH and me are taking it so its brilliant for TTC, although we probably too much.

after ovulation i switch the EPO to flaxseed

I am taking it, but for another reason. I found that the conception tea at my local herb bar is good for balancing hormones. It contains:

Lady's Mantle: Women who suffer from problems of heavy menstrual bleeding also greatly benefit from doses of the herb, and the herb is also useful in bringing relief from menstrual cramps, it also aids in overcoming the symptoms of menopause and can lead to a great improvement in the regularity of the menstrual cycle in the body of the woman.

Vitex: Vitex does not actually contain hormones. It appears to increase progesterone by stimulating the release of a hormone called luteinizing hormone from the pituitary gland. Vitex is also thought to normalize excessive prolactin levels and promote fertility.

Nettles: Nettles are a uterine tonic and a general nourisher with the special ability to strengthen the kidneys and adrenal glands. It is an excellent food and tonic for the hormonal system. Nettles is very high in iron and calcium and other minerals, plus it contains substantial amounts of chlorophyll.

Red Raspberry: Raspberry leaves are an effective uterine tonic. It contains large quantities of calcium. It is a herb commonly used through out pregnancy and considered safe for this purpose.

Damiana:The leaves act as a stimulant for the reproductive system, as well as acting as an aphrodisiac and an aid for impotence. Traditional, it has been used as an aphrodisiac, which may be due to an alkaloid that acts like the male hormone testosterone--an increase which is associated with a heightened level of sex drive in both sexes.

Peppermint: They are mildly stimulating, they help to get the energy moving, and are pleasant tasting sexual stimulants.

Green Tea

I was exactly the same hormones were all over the place, bleeding after sex (sorry too much info). I had a miscarriage in January and ever since then it was all over the place. It was a nightmare. Took evening primrose oil for 2 months and found out I was pregnant yesterday. So I swear by it! Don't take it after you ovulate though as it is suppose to cause uterine contractions! Good Luck!

I have been taking Sainsburys own Hormonal Balance Vitamins and Minerals during this cycle. They contain evening Primrose Oil and Starflower Oil

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->