Ever transfer your broodiness...

Daisy Delayne

Reaction score
onto something else? Right now I'm hell-bent on getting a puppy. hopefully a yorkipoo! they're soooooo cute. It seems to be making my broodiness manageable, at least for the time being (I'm WTT for financial and other reasons). I'm hoping it will hold me off until we're ready for a baby. Just wondering if you've ever transferred your broodiness onto something else? Did it work or did it quickly wear off?

Hey yeah, I'm trying to do the same. Moved into our house a month ago and the only reason we didn't get a cat in our last place was because it was a 2nd floor flat so once our financial situation is a bit better, in a month or so we will be getting a kitten. I really can't wait, as silly as it sounds, it's almost like a practice. I know having a baby will be a lot harder but I think we would learn a lot looking after a kitten.

Hopefully when OH sees that I can look after a cat and it survives, he might start to get a bit broodier....?!

That's just my twisted way of getting a baby though i suppose.

xxx

Our cats......very sad I know, but we are mummy and daddy to them! x

Yeah, I know that feeling as well. With me it's mainly house stuff I'm putting my energy into. Finding a house in the first place and now decorating it and making it "baby-ready". Oh and the garden as well, I'm already planting raspberries for the kids. :D

We got two kittens almost as soon as we bought our own place. They're adorable, but it hasn't really done anything about my broodiness!

We've got 2 dogs that are our fur babies! Love them to bits but not the same as a real baby!

At the moment I'm putting it all into finding a new house, and then when we've moved in my OH has agreed to buy me a puppy. :happydance: I can't have one 'til then because we live in a flat :(

I try really hard...I guess you can say that I put all of that energy into studying. I went from "that kid with no future" to "that kid we need to cheat off of" overnight! hahahaha

Yes-- we just got a kitten to fill the void! ha.

I have my dog, as much as I love him he doesn't fill the void at all.

I have a 3 year old cat who I love to pieces. I don't think I baby him though, he's too independent - more of a friend really, who I can cuddle now and again. :D

I have my two cats, but it's not the same - I find it very hard to transfer my broodiness - it's all consuming sometimes!

I've tried getting into jewelry making to pass the time. It only lasted for a short while. I wasn't very good at it. Plus too, it got expensive. So now I've ended up with a whole box of really cool beads and stones packed away in a box until next time I decide to get them out. But I don't really think I've wasted my money.... I've been imagining about someday taking them out and making jewelry as a fun activity to do with a little girl!! Once she's old enough of course.

I babysit ALLLL the time. Infact today iv got a 3 year old, a 2 year old and and 11 month old for the day. It works while iv got them but makes me worse afterwards.

lol..dont laugh, but we went though....

5 cats
1 rabbit
1 dog and
2 rats

before we got pregnant...two of the cats died (boo hoo!) one left us for our neighbour, then dog, rabbit, other 2 cats and rats had to be rehomed...and all this in a 1 bed flat!

needless to say...they didnt fill the void!

I babysit ALLLL the time. Infact today iv got a 3 year old, a 2 year old and and 11 month old for the day. It works while iv got them but makes me worse afterwards.

I'm the same way! I'm a nanny to a 14 month old and i'm fine when i'm with him, but sometimes when i leave i feel a void....

I am lucky to have my wee baby boy and you would think it would help with the broodieness but NOoooooooo!

I am so desperate for another to make him a big bro and because I so want a second (even though I hated being pregnant and collected every symptom along the way) I just love being a mummy.

That said at the moment I have my attentions fixed on selling our 1 bed flat so we can buy a new house and start ttc no2!
But this involves alot of day dreaming and obsessing over which house I want to live in, decor, new dining table and bedroom furniture for my wee man. PLUS I also have a shelled baby called Toby who is 5 who I bought before I met my OH and moved into his flat (just not good for a tortoise!) so at the moment I am obsessed with getting him a huge indoor pen as his old one is getting a bit small...but also obsess of the day I can create him an outdoor home in our lovely new garden instead of trapsing down the stairs and lurking about outside for hours while he runs about.:dohh:

All this daydreaming kinda fill my days but not my void for another child....but that void is filled with the fear we will never sell the flat and be able to move so no other kids and having to sell my shelled baby:cry:

Emma.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->