Ever transfer your broodiness...

Yep, just adopted 2 kittens hehe. They're hard work at the mo-climbing everything, eating regularly, they are fun though! We wanted kittens anyway, and I'm glad we don't have kids at the mo. This way we get to enjoy them for a few years!

I had come on here the other day to let everyone know that I bought a puppy and was feeling way less broody with something to take care of and nurture and all that......
then I spent the next FIVE HOURS reading birth stories, BFP announcements and baby stories on BNB :rofl: So okay, I guess I was kidding myself thinking a puppy would solve my baby lust issues. It's okay though, I love my puppy to death, she's awesome. And it does help a little with the broodiness thing...maybe...

I've done the same recently. We just moved into our house 2 months ago and since we're waiting till March 2010 to even have my IUD removed so we can begin ttc I've been trying to keep busy picking out paint colors for the house, the boys' bedroom, coming up with a theme for the playroom, the future nursery, the office, finding a theme for the bathrooms, putting up a fence with my husband, planning landscaping ideas and drawing layouts for our future deck and the kids' future play equipment.

It does take my mind off of having to wait 6 months to start trying and like I said in another post of mine - I find that working to be creative in one way kinda of lessens the blow when you can't "pro-create" :lol: at least when you know you're WAITING to pro-create, lol!

Anyway... keeping yourself busy sure does help and I've also had the itch to adopt a pet. Back in April before we moved to this house I found a kitten in my tire well and even though I *HATE* cats with a passion, I took her in because I felt like I needed to fill some sort of void by taking care of something that really needs TLC (ahem, like a newborn). Should have got a houseplant or something because that stupid cat clawed everything up, pooped and pissed on the floor of our old rental house and when we brought her here she ran away...:dohh:

But, she filled a "need" or "want" for the time being. Now that we're homeowners though I'm trying to focus my energy on making this house "3-child friendly" and pouring my love, devotion and attention into the children I do already have.

Totally feel ya though.

I'm beginning to think that there is nothing that can be done to alleviate this broodiness we all feel, at least not for more than a short time. Tuesday I'm picking up a litter of four week old kittens to bottle feed until they are of age and then find them loving homes.

So for about a month or so I'm going to play mother to these eight little kittens before they leave for new homes, except for the one or two I intend to keep. I've always been an animal lover but since I am stuck WTT I've come to mother my animals all the more.

Though I know us transferring our broodiness onto animals and other activities is only a temporary fix, I wish you all the best of luck in your wait regardless of how long or short it may be. I know it's going to be difficult.

Pet's won't cure it, but they can help :)

My kittens are adorable! Just had their jabs today, and they're all sleepy, bless :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->