Everyone hates it.

lhancock90

2 toddlers, 1 MMC, WTT#3
Reaction score
Cecelia.
I love the name but when I mention it in passing or in a list everyone says it's awful and I'm being unfair.
:growlmad:

Could be an older generation thing? It does remind me of that relentlessly 'sticky' Simon & Garfunkel song but that's probably just showing my age. It's a pretty name.

It's pretty! People are weird. It's not like your naming her, like...Door... or something ridiculous.

I love it! (And yes, I thought of the Simon & Garfunkel song as well.)

Cecilia is similar to one of the names I used to adore as a kid - Cecily.

People are way too opinionated.

It's a lovely name and if you like it go for it, I also like Cece as a nn :) x

I like it :)

It makes me so mad when people crap all over your favourite names. I've been trying to keep ours quiet this time but idiot DH decided to show the entire list to his parents the other week and they basically sat there and made fun of virtually every one. Now DH is saying he's not sure about them :growlmad:

I like it :)

It makes me so mad when people crap all over your favourite names. I've been trying to keep ours quiet this time but idiot DH decided to show the entire list to his parents the other week and they basically sat there and made fun of virtually every one. Now DH is saying he's not sure about them :growlmad:

Thats why we kept Ivy and Evelyns quiet. :(
I keep blurting this one out uncontrollably! Although i may have a boy so i never know :)

You know what, I bet if you just went with cecilia everyone would love it after a little while, names always sound better once they're attached to a cute little baby. And if anyone still doesn't like it, tough! Not their child.

It is a wonderful name! One of my best friends coming up was a Cecelia, and we called her Cily (Seely)

I like it and I think it goes really well with big sisters' names :)

Thanks! I think it suits with Evelyn and Ivy too!

Ooh love it! I love all your names :) I also like Cecily as an alternative <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->