Everything against me having a homebirth ! :-(

Jo.t

expecting #7
Reaction score
My 1st 2 children were born in hospital - hated everything about the births !

3rd child was an accidental homebirth due to a 40 min labour - fantastic birth !
4th was a planned home delivery
5th & 6th were planned homebirths but were born in hospital due to pprom at 32 & 35 weeks.

I really want a homebirth this time if I get to 37 weeks !

The reasons I have been told I am not allowed are ........

Maternal age - I am 38
Too many babies- I have had 6
Baby has a club foot
I have had 2 premmies !

The only thing I am concerned about is the pph that I would poss have due to having too many babies !
I have never had a pph before !

Also I have very fast labours so what if I dont get to hospital in time & bleed ?

I agreed to see a consultant who said I could have a natural active hospital birth but then would need to be on a drip for 4 hours afterwards to prevent bleeding - I would need the line to be in my arm through labour & they would attach to drip after :-( Really not happy about this !

I know it is my right to a homebirth but what would happen if I bled after ? Could I actually bleed to death at home ? Consultant had me so worried - told me I could bleed to death in 5 minutes at home !

Now I am also worried about not making it to hospital in time & bleeding in the car on the way there lol.

I agreed to have a hospital birth as long as I wad allowed to go natural but now they say I have to go on a drip !

Any advice ladies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->