Eve's big entrance (double uterus/cervix nightmare!)

beccyandeve

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my story:

I had quite a long labour.... about seventeen and a half hours in the delivery suite, then surgery.

5am Sunday - pains start at home. 3:30am Monday - went to the hospital when the pains got really bad, I was only 1 or 2 cms dilated so got put on a ward and given pethadine. 8am Monday - woke up and asked for more pethadine so they sent me up to the delivery suite, where I continued to dilate soooo slowly. 5pm ish Monday - I had had enough and despite my previous wishes I begged for an epidural, it relieved me slightly but not much, I could still push and feel pain (is that normal?) every time it was topped up I threw up (G&A made me sick too)

My waters didn’t break so the doctor did that for me, which freaked me out a bit because only hours before the mw had been telling my mum and I that they “never break peoples water anymore, its rarely done” I pretty much didn’t move all day because the baby was being monitored as the heartbeat was irregular. The baby was distressed and I was distressed.

The doctor kept leaving the room to call someone to ask for advice as she’d never dealt with anyone in my condition before. I have double uterus, double cervix and double vagina, which meant the baby didn't have much room to get out. At my check ups the consultant always said “natural birth should be fine, but we're not sure because it's a rare condition." Despite this I did not see either of the two consultants I had previously dealt with, at all during the whole time I was in hospital. Just a doctor who, to be fair, did the best she could, but didn’t really have a clue and looked more than a bit panicked (poor woman, getting landed with me!)

The rest is a bit of a blur (coz of the drugs I think) but I remember the doctor saying that if nothing happened soon she was going to do a c-section. Anyway things got moving and after a lot of cutting, losing a lot of blood and a lot of swearing one last push and she was out!(ventouse assisted) 1:30 am Tuesday.

But it still wasn’t over, the cord was falling apart in the doctor’s hands and the placenta wouldn’t deliver, so I had to go to surgery. The epidural was topped up again and again I was violently sick, but this time I felt no pain at all and was numb from the waist down.

The next day I felt ok but was kept in over night, the following day I went home. During that time I didn’t see a doctor about what they had done to me, just a mw asked how my stitches were, to me they felt normal. At this time I did not realise exactly what they had had to cut and stitch up because I was so out of it during the last few hours of labour (the story above has been pieced together over the last few months) so I assumed I’d just had the normal stitches that you get when you tear. So no one examined me, I think the “absent consultant” popped in and asked how I was.

So it was 6 weeks later when I had almost healed that I managed to have a look what they had done. Without being too graphic I will tell you it was a mess. Sex was virtually impossible and I was upset to have been messed around with so much and no one saw fit to tell me what they’d done. So another trip to the doctor…. Then the hospital….. Then a different hospital for an operation to remove the septum that had been destroyed and generally tidy up, I just hope they haven’t done any serious damage further up as I think I would like to have another child one day. It is a struggle getting anyone to talk to me about what happened. Everyone I speak to is very defensive and moves on quickly to another subject.

I had the operation 2 weeks ago and am feeling much better now, but I missed my daughter as she had to stay with my mum for a week while I recovered (I got daily visits :happydance: )

For 9 months I liaised with a consultant, I had to have a cervical suture and weekly fibronectin tests to make sure the baby wasn’t coming early. So given my strange condition, the fact no one was sure if I could deliver naturally and the worry that had been instilled in me, why was there no consultant there when I was in labour? Seems to me a lot of this pain, time, and upset could have been saved if I’d had a c-section. But what do I know?

Eve was 7lb 7oz and a week late (not bad to say she was predicted to be months early) She eats like a horse and laughs all day, definitely worth the wait!!

Becs :cloud9:

Attachments

• febmar 007.jpg
    febmar 007.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 74
  • n609155007_4648131_1015.jpg
    n609155007_4648131_1015.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 58
  • n609155007_6240384_58386.jpg
    n609155007_6240384_58386.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 54
  • febmar 011.jpg
    febmar 011.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 40
that first picture is sooo cute, *feels the love*

what a story, i can hardly imagine what it is all like but that sounds
nightmareish indeed, especially if nobody wants to explain it to you,
must be very frustrating

Goodness thats one heck of a story your little girl looks beautiful by the way x

She is adorable hun.What was her date of birth? Sorry to hear you had a bad time of it xx

What a traumatic entrance to the world!

congrats though! xx

Congratulations. What a story.

She's beautiful xxxx

What a shame you got such sub standard care. Poor you :hugs: But what an absolutely stunning little princess! You must be so proud x x x

Wow what a journey! But a beautiful girl! Congrats xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->