Evie Rayne - 26 March 2009

Purple_Kitty

Momma to Jonah & Evie
Reaction score
I've had my sweet baby girl! :cloud9:

Woke up around 4am thinking I just had to roll over again, but felt a 'pop' down below and went 'uh oh...' I got out of bed, realised I was leaking a lot of fluid, and knew it was starting. Kevin called the delivery suite who wanted to see me, so after I called Mom to tell her that my water had broken, we got Jonah up and took a taxi to the hospital. Jonah curled up in a chair in the waiting room while I went in and had a talk with the midwife. She hooked me up to the belt monitors, and after seeing that I was having regular contractions, even if they weren't that bad so far, she wasn't sure how she wanted to progress yet. She didn't want to do a full exam as she said that would give me only 24hrs to have the baby before there was a risk of infection. It was obvious my water had gone already, I was still leaking it out with the contractions, so she decided to just do a simple check. When she thought she saw the head, she had to go ahead and do the full check anyway, but said it was alright as I was already 4 - 5cm dialated anyway. So, we sat around awhile, and then Jonah started to get antsy. He doesn't like to wait, and one of his quirks is buttons... he loves to push them, and there was much temptation. Kevin finally just took him home to get a ride to school with his chaperone as usual, and came back about 9:30, by which time the contractions were getting pretty darn painful and I was on the gas and air (which I might add, the midwife was extremely stingy with! It wouldn't even register that I'd used any before she was telling me that was enough and to stop after the second pull on it). When the urge to push came not long after, I thought that it wouldn't take so long now, considering Jonah was born 2hrs and 20mins after my water broke with him, but after pushing for almost an hour and a half I was so freakin' tired, and a doctor was called in. He said that he would use the little vacum thingie (ventuse??) but as he could only pull three times we had to make it count. While he was preparing things I got hit with a monster contraction, and next thing I knew the baby's head was half out and the midwife was telling me to keep going, but the contraction had ended right there, and I was sure I would split in two! Another came along pretty quick though, and after the head was out it was only another push for the body to follow. I got to have my baby on my chest while they gave me the shot to speed up the delivery of the placenta, and that also went okay. Only then it wasn't okay, and the student midwife who delivered Evie said that the bleeding wouldn't stop. The next thing I knew there were people everywhere, an IV was being stuck into my arm (poorly, it turns out, because it made my arm swell to disturbing proportions, and they had to change it to the other one a couple hours later), and the doctor was doing something increadibly painful to my stomach. Panic set in as I had NO idea what was going on, and I couldn't see Kevin or the baby, just all these strangers around me. It turns out that I had a haemorrage (sp?) when my uterus refused to contract again after the placenta came out, and every time the doctor stopped doing his thing, it would just come gushing out again. The hormones they gave me via the IV did their job though, and along with what the doctor was doing they got the bleeding to stop. I was increadibly shell shocked, and I spent the next two hours barely conscious while Kevin gave her a bottle, made sure she really was a girl (LOL I did the same thing when I woke up!) and tried to figure out what happened. It was later, after Kevin left to pick up Jonah, that a midwife told me I was very lucky to be there holding my baby at all, and asked me if I realised that. That scared me more than anything, and I ended up sobbing for the next twenty minutes. Honestly, there was no reason to put it quite that way, in my opinion! No, I hadn't realised how bad it really was, but still... that wasn't what I needed to hear right then. At the end of the day, I lost a litre and a half of blood, and am anemic. I spent two nights in the hospital, half of it hardly aware of where I was as I was looped after the blood loss and birth with exhaustion. I couldn't sleep there, so after I promised to take it easy until I had built up my blood supply again, take my pills like a good girl and eat regular meals they let us come home.

So there you have it, the story of Evie Rayne's birth... She was born at 11:44am on the 26th of March, weighing 9lbs and 4oz. Quite the size considering she came out of a woman who is only 5ft 2in! She will be our last, I've decided that we've got one of each now, and after that experience I don't think I could go through it again for a third. Our little family is complete now. :cloud9: :happydance:

Congratulations hun i bet shes well worth it x

lovely story, glad to hear that your blood loss situation turned out okay! Congrats!

Congrats on the safe arrival of your baby girl! xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->