EWCM 1 day before AF, ovulation??

xLottiex

Reaction score
Hi girls, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my very confusing cycle!! Its my first cycle tracking everything, second cycle TTC.

Basically:
My cycles are 30-35 days.
CD21 I got a +OPK
CD21 onwards I started checking CM.
CD22, 23 & 24 dry cm and low cp.
CD25-31 = lots of lotion CM and low CP.
CD32 = EWCM??! And high CP?

I had a 43 day cycle a few months back but they are usually pretty regular apart from that one, is it possible my body is gearing up to ovulate now?? Why so late?? Why did I already get a +OPK?

I also read it could be a mucus plug for protection during pregnancy?

Ive had BFNs on ICs for the last few days.

My BBTs are not very accurate because I was doing it wrong so i cant really go by them, but I can show you if you want.

Has anyone else experienced this before?? EWCM right before AF is due? Or right before BFP?

Out of the chemical cycles I maybe had 2 out of 5 of them with watery/ewcm so it definitely can be a sign :) never had it on an af cycle though

Positive opks only tell us that our body is gearing up to ovulate but not that we actually have ovulated. It's possible that your body tried to ovulate on cd21 and didn't manage to, so is trying again now. This used to happen to me a lot when I had very long cycles and my consultant suspected pcos. My cycles did become more normal and regular again and I conceived naturally, but this happened to me a lot for about a year.

I would keep an eye on your cycle lengthy sand see your dr if they are often more than 35 days. Plus dtd tonight just in case!!

I'm sorry that's probably not what you want to hear, just sharingy experience of ewcm late in a cycle x

This happened to me last month. I have 35 day cycles too! I got pos opk on CD 24 and 25 and then another positive opk on cd 35 and got AF the next day. Still don't know why or what actually happened but I just chalked it up to my cycles still being screwy after just coming off bc in sept.

Positive opks only tell us that our body is gearing up to ovulate but not that we actually have ovulated. It's possible that your body tried to ovulate on cd21 and didn't manage to, so is trying again now. This used to happen to me a lot when I had very long cycles and my consultant suspected pcos. My cycles did become more normal and regular again and I conceived naturally, but this happened to me a lot for about a year.

I would keep an eye on your cycle lengthy sand see your dr if they are often more than 35 days. Plus dtd tonight just in case!!

I'm sorry that's probably not what you want to hear, just sharingy experience of ewcm late in a cycle x

Thanks! I have read a lot about PCOS and of course it could be that. I have long cycles and heavy periods but they are pretty regular give or take a few days and I've had an ultrasound before where they did check my ovaries and nothing was mentioned.. i dont have any other symptoms of PCOS.. but y'know - we will just have to see what happens lol. Thanks for sharing your experience though it helps a lot!

I'm interested to know the answer to this question also as I had ewcm 6 days before what I think was "implantation bleeding" I last tested last Friday with bfn I'm still holding on to hope that I'm pregnant. It woułd be great if you could update us on this =) fx for you

yes i normally have ewcm a day or two before AF

on the other hand, when i got my bfp, i just basically had A TON of cm in general(literally its like i was drowning in it) and all kinds, thin to ewcm to watery.

Hi girls

Its CD34, still no sign of AF. Today I had lots of EWCM, a little bit more watery but it was definitely EW. I did an OPK just to see and woah! The strongest one I've had all cycle?!!

I feel as though my body tried to ovulate earlier on in the cycle, didnt, so is now trying again.

I feel like I've been given a 2nd chance this cycle lol but dammit I have to do the TWW all over again!!!! :(

Thank you for your advice/support girls!

Here is the OPK - we WILL catch that egg!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-19-12-58-38-1.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-19-12-58-38-1.png
    285.5 KB · Views: 2
Have you checked an hpt just in case you did ov at the original +opk? You'd be what, 12dpo if you did?

Yeah what i thought was 12dpo.

I actually took a hpt at the same time which was a definite BFN. I only did an OPK because I bought 100 cheapies. I noticed the EWCM wheb I wiped after peeing in the cup lol! (Tmi i know sorry!)

I'll post my BBT chart, see if anyone can make sense of it?

Ovuview put the cross hairs where I had a slight temp dip, although I think Ive only been doing my temps accurately for a week. We DTD around the time of the first +OPK rather than when Ovuview calculated the crosshairs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-19-13-10-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-19-13-10-03.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 4
Ooh I'm not sure how to read that chart so well hun :( going by the flow of your temps it looks like you've ovulated though? I'm so used to ff, it's a favourite of many :)

I might put all my temps into ff and see what it looks like on there!

Oh that's be great :) i think you'll get more help cuz people are much better at interpreting that :) it's a great app!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->