EWCM question

chocolatechip

Reaction score
I've alluded to this issue in some of the other threads but I figured I'd just come out and ask because I've already learned so much from this forum in the week I've been here.

I almost always get EWCM (and lots of it) around ovulation. This month (ironically the first time TTC) there was nothing. No CM to speak of and this whole cycle has been rather dry. I got a positive OPK and have had every other ovulation symptom (sore nipples, cramps, etc) but does a lack of cervical fluid basically mean there's very little chance I could've gotten pregnant this month?

We BD for the five days before O and 1 day after (thus far) but is it pretty much all for not if there's no CM?

Thanks for reading all that!

My 1st two pregnancies I noticed lots of EWCM around ovulation. My third and fourth I was breastfeeding which reduces CM. My 3rd I noticed some EWCM, more than in the months before, and that was the month I got pregnant. With my 4th I fell pregnant first cycle of TTC and I didnt notice any EWCM at all so I think there is still a chance.

I would think you'd be fine. Even with no real measurable ewcm outside he cervix, it would surely still be there past the cervix. And hopefully the sperm shoots through the cervical opening and doesn't hangout in your vag. I've never tried pressed, but it couldn't hurt. It might be good just as lube for all the baby making if you aren't having much cm anyway.
Did you do anything different this month that would have affected your hormones?
Stress, diet, travel, no sleep, sugar, supplements, etc? Maybe you could notice a pattern if it happens again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->