Ex-wife trying to control our daughter

I

IsMiseMatt

Sophia was 18 earlier this month, so she's an adult now. But not to my wife. Sophia has a friend who got pregnant. And my wife forbid Sophia from seeing her because she thought she was a bad example. So whenever our daughter was at my house, I let her see her friend, and her friend even slept at our house a few nights. The friend had her baby two days, and I dropped Sophia to the hospital earlier as her friend was being discharged and she was going to bring the baby home with her friend. My wife somehow found out about this, and is going mad. I think she's being very unreasonable, because Sophia is grown up now and she can do what she wants. And what she's doing to that poor girl, she and Sophia have been best friends for years, and for Sophia to abandon her now would be just awful. She has lost enough friends as it for getting pregnant at 17. If it were Sophia who was pregnant, how would she feel if our daughter lost most of her friends, and the only one who stuck around was forbidden to see her? So what, I went against her wishes, she goes against mine all the time. And I think I was the one doing the right thing! What's so wrong with letting our ADULT daughter see her friend, really!?

That is really a difficult situation. Since your daughter is 18 I don't see how she thinks she'll keep things going her way.

I really wish you the best.

I think having your daughter around a young teenage mom will make her realize that she should be more careful so this doesn't happen to her. She would also realize the huge responsibility that comes with having a baby at a young age. If that were my daughter I would still let her hang out with her best friend. I am sure the young mother will also be too busy with the baby to hang around with your daughter like they used to.

It may be that now your daughter is an adult your ex wife realises shes not a little girl anymore and she just wants to cling onto that, unfortunately, its not coming across in the right way.
But as you have said, your daughter is 18. Shes an adult and its down to her to tell her Mom this, not you.
Your daughter is a really lovely girl though, for sticking by her friend.
:flower:

I don't understand why your ex wife is acting like this. If I were in your position, I would do exactly what you did, and thanks for that.

Who cares that she doesn't want your adult daughter to see someone? I mean, seriously, this is between your daughter, and her mom...and nothing to do with you. If anything, you should be encouraging your daughter to speak to her mom about it, but at then end of he day....you said it yourself, she is an adult. Sounds like a tit for tat between your ex and you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->