Excitement Lull

rockstarlove9

Reaction score
SO I'm not really sure how to explain how I feel but to call it an excitement lull. I feel like a bad mom to be because I feel like my excitement is kind of halted now. I was so excited during the whole first trimester I read the daily activities and was just overall enthused I read what to expect each week and updated my apps weekly . But I've noticed now I go weeks without looking at the daily chart and only seem to read the what to expects for the weeks when there's a lull at work. Im still excited but I feel like since hitting the second trimester im not as excited and since finding out the sex I feel evenless excited and find myself panicking more days then not about the baby being here so soon. I suppose it hasn't helped that my husband just lost his job and our finances were already tight. I don't know I feel like a horrible mom to be. Like I love my baby I watch or feel for movement and panic if I think somethings wrong like when she goes to long without moving or I have cramps but im finding myself at a lull for the excitement and its scaring me. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hi, I had this happen with all 3 of my pregnancies. In the first trimester it was all new and exciting. In the second trimester I just kind of got on with life as the excitement died down. In the third trimester I just wanted to get the baby out! Haha. I think it's completely normal.

Think of it like a relationship...at first you are head over heals infatuated with your new boyfriend. After a couple of months/years as things become more normal and less novel, your excitement dies down. You don't love them any less - you just love them differently. A much deeper love. It's the same with your LO. Now that the news has died down and you are more used to being pregnant, it may not be as exciting to check in every single day, but you still have that deep bond and love with her and will even more so once she arrives

It's totally normal. The more horrible thing about all this is that it has become taboo to talk about these topics. Women have such pressure to become what society perceives as the perfect woman and mother. And if you don't love your kid 100% and you don't bend over backwards every second of every day... you're a bad mom. When in reality, what you feel is COMPLETELY normal and I believe that most women go through these same exact feelings. I know I do, and it comes in waves. When I am stressed or worried about something, my doubts and fears and reservations rear their ugly head and I begin to panic. And other times I am over the moon with excitement and love and wonderment.

The point is... you are NOT being a horrible mother for feeling this way. It is completely normal to have these thoughts and go through these phases. Completely normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->