Exclusively pumping question please help...

MommyLemLem

Reaction score
My DD is 4 months old and I have been exclusively pumping since she was born.. To make a long story short I have flat nipples and got bad advice from my LC and gave up because I was frustrated.. But she has only had my milk so I am proud of that but I want her to latch back on if possible because exclusively pumping is very time consuming and hard.. If she doesn't latch back on I will still do it but I would love it if she would just breastfeed. I was wondering if anyone has had any success stories or tips to help my DD love boobies! Lol

I would say just keep trying to put her on. does pumping make your nipples stick out more? If so,:)i would start pumping and then try putting her on while your nipples are out more:)

I would work with a lactation consultant (a good one...IBCLC if possible) to get tips on how best to latch her on given your nipple shape. Maybe try getting your hands on a SNS, or even nipple shields. Don't let either of you get too frustrated. Just try when the mood strikes. It may help to hand express a little before trying to latch her so that your milk is already letting down and she has a quicker reward. Work in plenty of relaxing skin to skin time. Kellymom has a good page on getting baby back to the breast.

I second the lc, best move i ever made!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->