Excruciating wind

Wishing_well

Reaction score
Someone please tell me I'm not alone!

This time round I've really been struggling with trapped wind :blush:
I was literally doubled over in pain this afternoon and it's still hurting so I'm curled up with a hot water bottle! I didn't have this problem in previous pregnancies...

Anyone else suffering? How are you dealing with it?
I can honestly say it's way more painful than labour, and I've had two fast labours with no pain relief :haha:

I definitely have gas problems, sometimes it wakes me up at night. But it usually passes after a while and I could go back to sleep. Have you tried things like GasX tablets that help you relieve gas? I took it when I had bloating before getting pregnant and I think it did help.

Eat yogurt and a granola flax mix. It will keep you regular and you won't have the wind so badly.

I don't have any problems with constipation etc, it's literally just horrible wind - maybe 2-3 times a week.

Oh me too, although mine is definitely NOT trapped... I'm tooting away like a brass band here, it's awful. If I even attempted to hold them in I swear I'd float away like a barrage balloon! The shame!

I ended up in A&E in my first pregnancy thinking I was having an extopic the pain was that bad, turns out it was trapped wind over the uterus. I got rene deflatine from the chemist and had it after all meals in first tri, completely safe in pregnancy. And by second tri it cleared up. No more sweaty neck doubling over, ready to pass out pain.

I could sleep and had to go in odd squatting positions to release the painful gas :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->