Exercise in First Trimester

MrsMalcolm

Reaction score
i exercised regularly prior to pregnancy, specifically running and occasionally DVDs. The deep freeze across North America has derailed my running routine and i haven't run in a month. Now i am 5 weeks pregnant and I want to stay active but not put too much stress on my body. I miscarried last February, so I would rather play it safe. i did a workout DVD today and it was a struggle. i felt lightheaded at one point and was out of breath through most of it. How are most of you approaching fitness at this stage?

I was a runner before moving up north (to MA from FL) and now have taken at least two months off. I'm 6w2d now and I've been trying to go for walks...but it's so cold outside that I've even been struggling with that. I probably won't continue running as like I used to, but I will try to get out there for a long walk everyday if possible. I'm hoping that if I get to the stage where I have more energy that I can do more...maybe some light jogging or something. Tbh, i'm so paranoid that all I want to do right now is lie on the couch for fear that anything else I do will cause a m/c.

I've been walking instead of going to the gym and doing a little upper body resistance. I've been bleeding intermittently though so need to be lying down and resting as much as possible.

Just listen to your body and do what you feel is right. I miss the gym SO much :cry: but this baby is worth every bit of flab that accumulates lol.

I really love this maternity fitness blog on fb:
https://www.dailyhiit.com/hiit-blog/hiit-life/pregnancy-motherhood/

I wish walking was an option right now. I live in Toronto and it has been so cold. I registered for a swimming class at a recreation center in my neighborhood, it is a few blocks away. Well the first class was yesterday and it was -30F windchill. So I didn't even leave the house. I am a New Yorker, but I have been in Toronto for two years and this is the worst winter ever. They have been advising people to stay indoors as much as possible and i have been heeding that warning. I guess I will play it by ear with the DVDs and when the weather improves try light jogging and walking. I am not concerned about the weight gain, but I feel like being active is a double edge sword. It is good for the baby to be active, but not good for the baby if you are too active. I just want to find that right balance.

I wish walking was an option right now. I live in Toronto and it has been so cold. I registered for a swimming class at a recreation center in my neighborhood, it is a few blocks away. Well the first class was yesterday and it was -30F windchill. So I didn't even leave the house. I am a New Yorker, but I have been in Toronto for two years and this is the worst winter ever. They have been advising people to stay indoors as much as possible and i have been heeding that warning. I guess I will play it by ear with the DVDs and when the weather improves try light jogging and walking. I am not concerned about the weight gain, but I feel like being active is a double edge sword. It is good for the baby to be active, but not good for the baby if you are too active. I just want to find that right balance.
I know right! What's going on in Canada, we were in Sylvan Lake last week and the temp went down to -35, waist deep snow lol. That blog is a workout at home type of a thing with articles/blogs by pregnant women & fitness experts. It's not too bad, there's a lot we can do without, in my case a gym and in yours, pavement.:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->