exercise question?

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
:hi:

can anyone explain the difference between low intensity and high intensity aerobics please? :flower:

Hi Vickie

It's perceived effort.

For example, low intensity would be whatever you could do while still being able to talk (ie. a walk with a friend). High intensity is whatever you can do that requires high effort (ie sprinting up a hill so fast you couldn't speak).

High intensity interval training (HIIT) is a good high intensity aerobic exercise.

"Intensity refers to how fast and action is performed (speed), the power or strength required to achieve an activity (watts, level, incline), or the effort put forth by the participant during the activity (exertion)."

Here's a great site for information:
https://www.exrx.net/Aerobic/AerobicComponents.html

So if you are extremely obese and have a heart condition, walking up a flight of stairs may be considered high intensity - whereas a marathon runner could run 10 miles and consider it to be low intensity. It's all about perception.

thanks for that Aliss :thumbup: it makes sense

I've been doing the EA Active and trying to enter my activity points for WW but my options are only either low impact or high intensity so I've been going back and forth on what to enter :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->