Exercise?

ProudArmyWife

2 Princesses & PG with #3
Reaction score
Anyone else big on exercise/physical fitness prior to pregnancy? I'm wondering if ts still okay for me to workout just in moderation. That's okay right since my body is used to it? I've been really into fitness for the last year or more running 3 miles at least 3-4 times a week.

Since I've found out I've kept it to walking on an incline mainly just to keep my heart rate below 120. And I was still planning to lift weights but no more than 20lbs. Do you ladies think this will be okay?

Yes, it's fine to continue. I'd say listen to your body and know your limits. Its more an issue if you were to just take up running now, or if it was a contact sport. They say it's not the time to start up a whole new fitness regime don't they?

It's good to get the blood pumping as more oxygen to baby too! :)

Yes! its good for you! My doctor told me to not allow myself to be too out of breath..for example if im running, I should still be able talk while running. :) Makes the pregnancy better and can help in labour :)

Absolutely. I just finished a work out! I'm not a great runner but I try haha any time I feel too out of breath I just take it down a bit. I'm also into weightlifting and I plan to continue throughout pregnancy :)

Don't push yourself past 80% of your max, but otherwise you're good to continue whatever you are used to. Be careful to keep good form because as your pregnancy progresses your joints will loosen and you'll be more susceptible to injury. But if you're already active and you don't have any complications that prevent exercise, it's good to keep it up. I like to think of labor as a really hard work out I'm in training for :D Just listen to your body as you get further along in the pregnancy and adjust your workouts as necessary to keep yourself comfortable.

Also, what you will find is that you get hot faster (be careful not to overheat), that you get winded faster (don't push too hard), and that you get thirsty more (always carry more water than you think you'll need).

Thanks girls! I wasn't active much in my first two pregnancies :dohh: but I was really hoping to continue with my workout regimen as long as possible with this baby. I've worked very hard over the past year and hope not to completely let myself go again like I did the last two times :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->