Exercising Question

Xpecta

Reaction score
So, I did a workout yesterday and I'm fairly certain I pulled a muscle down under my uterus above my public bone on the left. I've been having round ligament pains for a while, and I think I just stretched it too far. Anyways, I was thinking of going for a workout tomorrow, but then thought I should just sit it out, but my sister mentioned just doing upper body stuff, what do you girls think? Would doing upper body stuff be okay? Or should I sit it out tomorrow?

As in weight-lifting? I dunno... I don't think it would be a big deal, but be careful? Sounds like you pulled the other muscles because your muscle are getting all stretchy now and can easily be pulled/hurt.

Probably wouldn't hurt to take a few days off from weights and stick to yoga/walking...

I agree with above to really watch anything that stretches too much because our ligaments are looser than normal. With my first I had SPD and I thought it was a pulled muscle so I continued doing exercises and stretching because I thought that would help. It was the worst thing I could do as it really exacerbated it and I was hobbling by the end. So I would really listen to your body and stop if it feels painful or achy. xo

Yeah, I took the day off. I'm glad I did because it felt fine this morning, but my early afternoon it was pretty sore again. Even walking can hurt it. If it doesn't feel better by Tuesday I'll probably go to the doctor.

What does SPD feel like?

SPD felt exactly what you're describing -a feeling of stretching too far. I'd take it really, really easy for a few days until the pain is completely gone. I did the opposite because I'd never heard of SPD, so I had no idea there could be anything more wrong than a twinged muscle, and ended up knocking my hip out of joint so badly I couldn't walk for three days. It took me over a month to walk normally. Be careful!

Oh man. That's scary. Today randomly it was very painful to walk on both sides, it left within minutes of starting, but it makes me think that it's more than just a pulled muscle :( I'll probably go see my doctor after the weekend. Hopefully it's nothing serious! Were you put on bed rest at all?

Yes - I did the same with my first pregnancy. I thought it needed more stretching, so I did exercise and upped the yoga and stretches. Bad idea with SPD as it just exacerbates it. For me it starts out feeling like an ache/pulled muscle literally right in the centre of the pubic bone - which means that the pain is like aching vagina lol, which can radiate down the inside of the legs. If you notice it the most when you do things that spread your legs apart (turning over in bed, getting in and out of a car, lifting up one leg to put socks on, etc) then it really might be SPD. When I was pregnant with #2 and felt any aching like that I quit doing what I was doing and took it easy - luckily that made a huge difference and I didn't end up with the pain like I did with my son!

Mine is more to my left side and it comes and goes. It's really strange. But today it did make my back hurt as well for the couple minutes that I had bad pain.

I was running a few months back and started getting a pain. I felt it in my lower back, right thigh, and pubic bone area, I couldn't even hardly get into bed or walk by the end of the night for weeks. Turned out I pulled something and had to finally go to the chiropractor twice in one week and got it fixed.

Oof that's tough! I'm not to that point. Hopefully it goes away soon. I looked up SPD and the symptoms don't really line up with mine, so I don't know what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->