Exes! Wish they would vanish.(rant alert)

kell

Reaction score
As the title says, exes are the bain of our lives right now. If its not my ex provoking my partner by being a general tw#t, its his ex making me want to rip her head off! We both have children with exes and it is so difficult. Obviously we have no choice but to have contact with them even though neither of us want to. My ex and partner can't come face to face anymore because they will probably fight. I deal with his ex with arrangements for the kids, I am civil. My partner has told her to contact me during the day to make arrangments as hes working yet she rings him at work and this really gets my back up at the moment as you can imagine. Also she's friendly with his family which I hate, I always feel like shes lurking somewhere in conversations with his family and I am sick to death of hearing her name.

Maybe I'm just being sensitive but seriously, its really driving me nuts. I'm worried I might actually blow soon, being pregnant has made things feel 10 times worse and they were already bad. I just want to enjoy my relationship with the man I'm going to marry without our exes lurking in the shadows but that isn't possible because of the children.

Having a bad day, sorry to rant. If you read this far, well done lol

:hugs: ex's are such a pain in the arse they really are but you've just gotta learn to ignore them otherwise they ruin your happiness in the end. Enjoy your life with your man and ignore the t*^•$. I hope things get better for you soon x

Thanks hun x I do try to ignore it but with kids involved its almost impossible. I love his kids and treat them the same as my own as does he with mine but I think its fair to say we would both be happier if the exes f**ked off lol

We're getting married soon and I don't want this issue to ruin anything. We are very happy together other than that. Don't you just wish when you find the one that you could just wave a magic wand and make certain things and people disappear? Lol xx

I feel for you! I was in a similar situation with my DH. He has a beautiful daughter from a previous marriage, and for the longest time I hated her mother's guts. She always called him, for any dumb reason, at all times of the day/night, and his family was always talking about her like I wasn't even there! She did a lot of things to make us miserable. My DH finally changed his number and told his ex that if she needed anything, (and it HAD to be regarding Caileigh) that she had to contact me and I would get the message to him. This cut out all of the needless phone calls to 0. Ever since then we have all had a great relationship with each other and we're even planning a surprise trip to Disney World with Caileigh with all 3 of us. I'm not saying that this is possible in your situation, but I promise that if you give each other enough space you will learn to respect the "others" in your life as what they are- the father or mother of a little child that you love. :hugs: I hope it all works out for you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->