Exhaustion. How are you dealing?

Mom2w

Reaction score
Hi all! Found out we are pregnant with #2 just a couple of weeks ago. My first turns 7 next month, so it has been awhile since my last pregnancy. This kiddo is kicking my butt!! Maybe it is because I am older now(33), or maybe something else, but I am struggling to not sleep all day everyday.

I feel horribly guilty because I didn't have an ounce of caffeine with my son. (I don't drink coffee, but I used to be a soda-holic). With this pregnancy, I have already had a cola a few days ago, and I'm anticipating the need for more caffeine in my future. I really want to avoid that since I know it is not the healthiest thing for baby, and I would feel horrible putting him/her at risk because of my selfish needs, but I seriously feel like a zombie and I need to be functional on a daily basis for work and my other son.(especially because no one else knows yet, so I don't have much of an "excuse".

Anyone else super tired? How are you handling it? What are your tips for keeping energy up?

I'm not dealing with it very well, tbh. I am an energy-drink-a-day kind of girl and I cut out caffeine as much as possible since finding out, so I usually end up asleep on the couch every night when I get home from work.

My best suggestion to you is to keep busy and not just lump yourself on the couch like I do. I find if I set myself to a task (like cleaning out a closet or something) then I actively engage in it and stay awake. If I don't, I sit on the couch and 30 seconds later I'm out like a light.

I feel you hon!

My DD is coming up 3 and I'm completely wiped out between her and being pregnant. And I'm only 7 weeks!

All I'm doing is sleeping when I can at the weekend and going to bed early on work nights. My boss knows so is understanding if I go hide for a 10 min break but if I'm completely honest...I have no idea how I'm awake at the end of the day.

I'm being naughty and allowing myself some caffeine, not loads, but just enough to manage otherwise I think I'd fall asleep while walking. Again, I know it's not ideal but I'm really struggling. Feeling really bad about not spending time with DD at the weekend too due to needing to sleep all the time! I'm hoping she'll forgive me!

Sorry I'm not really much help, just know you're not on your own x

It does help to know that I'm not on my own. Unfortunately, I work from home, so it is way too easy to crash on the couch and not get up. ��Sometimes, however, I do substitute teach, and I have to push myself through the day. I worked in a class a couple of weeks ago and I swear I could've fallen asleep easily. The teacher had a heater on under the desk and the kids were reading quietly. I had to get up and walk around to stay awake. ��I picked up a job tomorrow and realized that I wasn't sure how I am going to make it through the day without some kind of caffeine or something.

I'm just about getting through until my toddler naps, often fall asleep when he does and in bed by 10pm. On weekends with dh home and looking after ds I find all I have to do sit down and suddenly... zzz.

I seem to be tired all the time this time round and struggling to get up in the mornings :( nausea first thing doesn't help and the fact I work night shifts isn't helping either....feel like I'm running on empty all the time! What I would give for a strong cup of coffee x

You can safely have up to 200 mg caffeine a day. I play it safe and keep it to around 100.

I've been completely exhausted too. I'm a teacher and work just wipes me out, I have been so bad for getting marking done. By the time I get home I have no energy for anything ever. Thankfully my husband usually makes dinner.

Hi, talk to me of tiredness....that's the most strong symptoms about my pregnancy... I was shivering most of the time with my Son until 3 months. With this one too I have the same but more or less manageable. I have been working as well..

I used to drink 6 cups (in fact mugs) of coffee daily and reduced it to Two during my first full term pregnancy. I have a healthy baby...

I think a cup of coffee will not harm you. Make it mild if possible. I am not sure of soda. It doesn't sound very nice. But an occasional one wont harm I feel. Pls don't have gilt feeling. Our bodies are magic. They mostly work as we think (I mean when we think strongly)

Have you tried lemon water (cold water with a sugar as needed and a pinch of salt). Try to use natural unprocessed sugar. This will refresh you for sure. Avoiud salt if you don't like. This is a healthy drink as well.. Can modify with a tinge of fresh mint... a pinch of cumin powder if you are feeling gassy... try that...have a safe and healthy pregnancy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->