Exhaustion

MummaMoo

Mum to my gorgeous girl!
Reaction score
So, I'm already nearing the end of second tri and i'm STILL waiting for the rush of energy we're meant to get!

Anyone else wondering where theirs is!?

I'm right there with you. There were a few weeks where I didn't feel as exhausted, but I still wouldn't have said I felt energetic. Now it's back to being exhausted all the time plus I have insomnia on top of it. Joy :haha:

Have you checked your iron levels recently?

If mine drop - I feel exhausted.

But now I am on extra iron supplement and feel great!

Might be that you are anemic.

I had a 3 hour nap yesterday lol 😁 def never got mine either. Will see next week if my iron levels are low at the next blood test x

Pregnancy is just tiring. All of it.
I was more tired in first tri, but I'm still tired in second!

With three other kids, pregnant or not, I'm perminantly comatosed. How we women folk function on a daily basis will always be a medical mystery to me.

Well into my 2nd tri now.. also still waiting for that energy. All i want to do at work is sleep! This is my first pregnancy, so I have no little monkeys to account for my energy drain :haha: My iron levels are fine but my blood pressure is low so that's likely why.
I just have to be thankful the absolute nightmare of first tri MS is over!

I'm sooooooo tired , actually it's gotten worse the past couple of weeks! I'm going to ask about iron at my next appt

My energy up & left all most 6 years ago lol, never to return.

In all seriousness, this pregnancy has been the hardest in terms of tiredness & exhaustion. My last two pregnancies I got that rush of energy that gets talked about in all the pregnancy books. This time not so much.

This time round tho I have school runs, nursery runs & sibling rivalry to referee while taking care of the house & helping support my OH who now has his own business.

With my last pregnancy my oldest was only a small toddler who slept until 9am. I wasn't having to drag him out of bed at 7am to get ready for school. We got up whenever, did what ever took our fancy during the day. Now everything is time constraint, little people have to be taken to somewhere at this time, picked up at this time, taken straight to somewhere or home to do homework & reading.

I absolutely love pregnancy, I do, it's amazing but it is very hard on the body. If men were to do it we would be a dying species lol

Yep it's tough alright, men have no clue. Drives me to the wall when MrMoo complains about tired he is after having a nap before our 2 year old comes home from the grandparents or nursery! I get home from work just as she's returning so no break here!

Iron levels have always been ok, get another blood test soon at 28weeks so will wait till then. I'm having good days and bad days, but they are few and far between.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->