Experience with prenatal testing

lsju2019

Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Daniel Tang and I'm an undergraduate student at Stanford University. I am conducting a research project on the differences between amnios and non-invasive prenatal tests and was looking for input from women who've had experience with these sorts of tests. All information provided to me will remain completely anonymous and this research will be submitted as a final paper for my class.

Thank you so much for your time and input,

Daniel Tang

Hi Daniel,

I am having a NIPT done tomorrow and an amniocentesis in a few weeks time. If you would like any further information, please private message me.

I've just had NIPT (Iona)

I had the finger prick test done, that, along with nuchal fold measurement at 12 weeks, can tell you your risk of downs syndrome and trisomies. My risk came back as 1 in greater then 10,000 for trisomies and 1 in 2,000 for downs syndrome. It gave me some peace of mind without the risks that go along w amnio. Now if my risks came back high, I still wouldnt have done amnio, so in that case I would have just prepared for the worst and hoped for the best. Causing some potential unnecessary worry...But I still like to know risk levels

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->