Experience with vitex?

melewen

Reaction score
I ordered some vitex and am considering taking it this cycle but my LP is already pretty short and I read that it COULD shorten your LP. BUt that it could increase LH (I don't think I've ever gotten a positive opk but I know I O from my charts) and reduce miscarriages (suspected early MC cycle #1). Do any of you have experience with vitex (also called chasteberry, though you don't want to be very chaste when you're taking it.. HEYO! :D ) -- either positive or negative?

I have been taking vitex on and off for a few months
I'm breastfeeding so I only take it the 15 days after my af
But when I first took it I had a very strong ovulation ewcm and severe cramps the ovulation kind I'm use to.
Tmi alert
I was dripping ewcm unfortunately dh was not available.
I'm considering taking it all month since some say stop when af comes. But I want to take it all month and see of it does good and then stop after three months and do the 15 days again and the start up to every day for 3 months again.
I'm starting dd on solids at night now as she has finally accepted food.
I got mine from eBay they are organic and just come in a sachet they say vegan kosher halal or something. I took 4 a day in twos.
Hth

I have been taking vitex on and off for a few months
I'm breastfeeding so I only take it the 15 days after my af
But when I first took it I had a very strong ovulation ewcm and severe cramps the ovulation kind I'm use to.
Tmi alert
I was dripping ewcm unfortunately dh was not available.
I'm considering taking it all month since some say stop when af comes. But I want to take it all month and see of it does good and then stop after three months and do the 15 days again and the start up to every day for 3 months again.
I'm starting dd on solids at night now as she has finally accepted food.
I got mine from eBay they are organic and just come in a sachet they say vegan kosher halal or something. I took 4 a day in twos.
Hth

Great info!! I love a TMI, that's the info I need :) haha! Were you charting your O perchance? I'm worried it might delay ovulation and my LP is already pretty short. But I've heard it CAN increase the LP! I'd love all that EWCM though.. Woo!

Great info!! I love a TMI, that's the info I need :) haha! Were you charting your O perchance? I'm worried it might delay ovulation and my LP is already pretty short. But I've heard it CAN increase the LP! I'd love all that EWCM though.. Woo![/QUOTE]

I love the tmi posts that's what I look for when I open any page about ttc then read the rest of the boring stuff... that's why I make a deal of it so others can spot the best part of the post too

No I haven't been charting since I have been travelling around for a few months and don't sleep or wake up at the same times or even know what I'm doing when I wake up some days until a good 10 minutes later.
I Co sleep with dd too so I wake up to slaps in the face or farts on me.
I know ovulation by the pain on the ovary side of ovulation and the ewcm.
I did notice that maybe I had a better result with the eBay brand which was 500mg caps over the drug store brand that was 1 a day but no mg details
So being breastfeeding didn't want to over do myself without knowing how much I was taking.
I did get migraine from it on the 3rd day so I cut down to one tablet 3 times a day and worked up if I recall.

At the moment I'm forgetting my macca and vitex as I have moved 3 times in the past month but bd 4 times the week of ovulation and about 5 times after.
I'm officially due today but could be due in 3 days as that is the latest I have been since giving birth is 3 days over.
My cervix is high softish and closed. After 3 kids that's a fingertip open.
I feel gassy and sickish in the stomach I put my month down in the dpo thread.

Tmi tmi tmi tmi
When I check my cervix now it's cream like not sticky and wetish I keep getting up and then rush to the loo thinking I leaked a bit of af not that I feel a gulp come out but just wet feeling like moist.
when I check I also have a snot size well a big snot size maybe the size of a pinky fingernail and it's gloopy like ewcm either clear and whitish or beige and white
I have checked like 20 times since yesterday and I'm probably not allowing enough time for it to come out properly I don't usually check this obsessively at this time of the cycle mostly just to detect O then once a day at the end of the day to monitor things
I had a prolapse so I feel like this is the highest my cervix been since I gave birth it's at the tip of my index finger
After af it was the last 3rd of my index finger ( while squatting )
I felt like af was coming 2 days ago and yesterday but still nothing.
I'm trying so hard not to get excited I have had so many bfn the past few days. But with my dd I had 3 bfn until day before af I had lightlight bfp and day of bfp
so I don't know

:(
If af comes ill be taking vitex for the whole month

Great info!! I love a TMI, that's the info I need :) haha! Were you charting your O perchance? I'm worried it might delay ovulation and my LP is already pretty short. But I've heard it CAN increase the LP! I'd love all that EWCM though.. Woo!

I love the tmi posts that's what I look for when I open any page about ttc then read the rest of the boring stuff... that's why I make a deal of it so others can spot the best part of the post too

No I haven't been charting since I have been travelling around for a few months and don't sleep or wake up at the same times or even know what I'm doing when I wake up some days until a good 10 minutes later.
I Co sleep with dd too so I wake up to slaps in the face or farts on me.
I know ovulation by the pain on the ovary side of ovulation and the ewcm.
I did notice that maybe I had a better result with the eBay brand which was 500mg caps over the drug store brand that was 1 a day but no mg details
So being breastfeeding didn't want to over do myself without knowing how much I was taking.
I did get migraine from it on the 3rd day so I cut down to one tablet 3 times a day and worked up if I recall.

At the moment I'm forgetting my macca and vitex as I have moved 3 times in the past month but bd 4 times the week of ovulation and about 5 times after.
I'm officially due today but could be due in 3 days as that is the latest I have been since giving birth is 3 days over.
My cervix is high softish and closed. After 3 kids that's a fingertip open.
I feel gassy and sickish in the stomach I put my month down in the dpo thread.

Tmi tmi tmi tmi
When I check my cervix now it's cream like not sticky and wetish I keep getting up and then rush to the loo thinking I leaked a bit of af not that I feel a gulp come out but just wet feeling like moist.
when I check I also have a snot size well a big snot size maybe the size of a pinky fingernail and it's gloopy like ewcm either clear and whitish or beige and white
I have checked like 20 times since yesterday and I'm probably not allowing enough time for it to come out properly I don't usually check this obsessively at this time of the cycle mostly just to detect O then once a day at the end of the day to monitor things
I had a prolapse so I feel like this is the highest my cervix been since I gave birth it's at the tip of my index finger
After af it was the last 3rd of my index finger ( while squatting )
I felt like af was coming 2 days ago and yesterday but still nothing.
I'm trying so hard not to get excited I have had so many bfn the past few days. But with my dd I had 3 bfn until day before af I had lightlight bfp and day of bfp
so I don't know

:(
If af comes ill be taking vitex for the whole month[/QUOTE]

Ugh I'm so grossed out by checking my own cervix but I wish I weren't! It seems like you can tell so much about what's going on but I can't stand it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->