Experience with vitex?

Blackrain90

DS-2 & Bean on the way!
Reaction score
Thinking about taking this as I believe I might have low progesterone levels (cycle related symptoms as well as some other things like anxiety and terrible murderous PMS) and was looking for feedback.

What effect did it have on your cycle length/O/LP, as well as PMS or anything else?

Sorry no help but I'm also looking at taking it to start my cycle off again as Im 11 days late ( bfn) and no signs of starting soon. xx

I took it and it had no effect for me. I took it for 2 months or maybe a little more, but they do say sometimes it takes up to 3 months.....but don't let my case get you down, because I have read some wonderful stories about it working, and nothing really seems to work for me in my case....Good Luck!

After stopping BC I had 36-38 day cycles, and an 8 day LP.

I started taking Vitex (Solaray brand, 2 pills daily). The first cycle I went to only a 26 day cycle. I don't know when I O'd that cycle because I usually O around CD26-28 and wasn't expecting to start looking sooner. The next cycle I had a "regular" 36 day cycle, but had a 9 day LP. During that cycle I also added Vitamin B6, 100mg, but I ONLY added it after O.

This cycle I switched brands to Gaia. After a lot of reserach it seemed to be a better brand, and had a much higher concentrate of Vitex in the pills. I took 2 pills every AM, and I kept taking the VItamin B6 but did that the WHOLE cycle this time instead of just after O. This cycle I got a +OPK on CD16 (10 days earlier than normal!!!!!) and am currently on 3DPO. I don't know whether it is the vitex or the b6 or the combo but this looks like a much better cycle for me. Much more "normal".

Awesome! I am currently taking 50mg of B6 since the start of this past cycle. Not even sure if I ovulated this cycle though, and is first month off BC; so far CD 31 which is my longest cycle, and BFNs so just waiting for AF. Hoping to have a longer LP (used to average 7 days last time we ttc) but don't want a super long cycle as it is normally about 29 days which is great.

Anyone else find it pushed ovulation back?

I swear by Vitex Gaia brand. I went from not ovulating or havin af but 3 times a year started vitex and within 3 months I was back to 28day cycles and ovulating in cd14. I am giving my body a break from it this month since I took it for 6 months straight and I ended up ovulating on my own late cd30 but it happened. No bfp but regulated my cycle. Awesome awesome stuff.

Oh awesome thanks! I am rethinking the B6, my temps just jumped up a lot and looks like FF thinks I just ovulated like day 29 or something, when I thought I was expecting AF. Probably gonna scratch that and see how vitex works for me, as I would like to keep a normal 30 day cycle, not 40+.

Oh awesome thanks! I am rethinking the B6, my temps just jumped up a lot and looks like FF thinks I just ovulated like day 29 or something, when I thought I was expecting AF. Probably gonna scratch that and see how vitex works for me, as I would like to keep a normal 30 day cycle, not 40+.

I would do that. I started with just the vitex and then the second month added b6 only after ovulation, and then this month I added b6 the whole cycle. But everyone has a different reaction, so don't try to add too much all at once.

I'm also using vitex (drops) and am also looking to see how much people use etc. what is the concentration of vitex in the Gaia brand?

I have read it can take 3-6 months to see any results and sometimes your cycle might shorten or lengthen initially as it adjusts.

I took it for 2.5 months earlier this year and it stabilized my cycles beautifully to a perfect 27 day cycle, but I felt like it shortened my luteal phase to just 10 days which is too short for ttc purposes, so I stopped. Now I'm trying it again though as I'm running out of options and don't want to use clomid.

I'm also using vitex (drops) and am also looking to see how much people use etc. what is the concentration of vitex in the Gaia brand?

I have read it can take 3-6 months to see any results and sometimes your cycle might shorten or lengthen initially as it adjusts.

I took it for 2.5 months earlier this year and it stabilized my cycles beautifully to a perfect 27 day cycle, but I felt like it shortened my luteal phase to just 10 days which is too short for ttc purposes, so I stopped. Now I'm trying it again though as I'm running out of options and don't want to use clomid.

The gaia brand has 1,000mg per serving, where a serving is 2 capsules. The ingredients are organic Chaste Tree Berry, plus 3.0mg agnuside. Also it seems these capsules are the liquid not the powder so it's like taking the drops but in a capsule form.

I can't be sure if it worked so well because it was this brand or the 3rd month taking them, but when I switched brands I immediately had a better cycle. I like this brand a lot better than the solaray brand.

They don't have the gaia brand in my town at our big natural place so I got another one called Nature's Way, which is 800mg (2×400) but no agnuside.

They don't have the gaia brand in my town at our big natural place so I got another one called Nature's Way, which is 800mg (2×400) but no agnuside.

I bought mine online at Amazon. I buy a LOT of stuff on amazon so I don't have to search in stores. I couldn't find any vitex in our area so I bought the solaray there and then did some reading and read about the Gaia and found it on amazon. If you have Prime it was available on prime (free 2-day shipping), and it wasn't too expensive.

I think the thing with Gaia that makes it so "good" is that it is actually liquid pills - so it's like taking the tincture drops but in a capsule and from what I've read the tincture is more potent.

However, I have read good things about lots of brands so maybe yours is good too.

Yeah I've read it's one of the better brands. They had the tincure too but in a different brand. I was thinking about Amazon but wanted to start right away since my period is due any moment. But may get the other stuff if this doesn't help much. I'm kind of curious about the agnuside too, what exactly it is.

I am actually waiting on a delivery of Femaprin (Vitex plus B6) to arrive. I'm on my second long anovulatory cycle in a row and I'm so over it right now! I'm hoping it'll either bring on ovulation or my period, just make something happen already. Last cycle was 39 days, and now I'm on cycle day 42 with no signs of AF in sight. I figure it's at least worth a shot, right?

Hi everyone, I'm on my first cycle with Vitex and B6. Second cycle charting and actively TTC. Last cycle my LP was only 10 days so I added in the Vitex and B6. This has been the weirdest cycle ever- higher temps than usual, bigger ups and downs in temps, positive OPKs around CD 13/14 which is early for me, sore breasts right away, but no temp shift and now on CD 21 I just started spotting. Totally confused. Anyone have anything like this with Vitex before?

That is really weird! I know B6 screwed with my cycle.

Hi everyone, I'm on my first cycle with Vitex and B6. Second cycle charting and actively TTC. Last cycle my LP was only 10 days so I added in the Vitex and B6. This has been the weirdest cycle ever- higher temps than usual, bigger ups and downs in temps, positive OPKs around CD 13/14 which is early for me, sore breasts right away, but no temp shift and now on CD 21 I just started spotting. Totally confused. Anyone have anything like this with Vitex before?

My temps were very erratic the first month I used vitex. It also moved my O to much earlier. This last month when I switched brands it was much better. Temps were a little higher than usual but more of a "normal" pattern and the post O temps weren't as high as some other months but had a definite distinction (with strong CH from FF). I think that for the first couple months things can be weird on vitex because it is trying to level out your hormones. I've been told that after a month or two it normalizes and that seems to be the way it happened for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->