Expressed breast milk

mc mummy

Reaction score
Me and OH are going out for a few hours at the weekend and I'm going to leave a bottle of breast milk for MIL to feed my DS. I just wondered if anyone ever takes their milk out of the fridge a few hours before needed to let it come to room temperature instead if warming it? I've read all the information about how long milk keeps etc and it seems that it can be kept at room temperature for 6 hours but just wondered if anyone actually does this? I would take it out of fridge before I leave and it would pro baa be used within 4 hours.

Personally wouldn't cool it and then let it come to room temp, at least not more than a couple of hours. It doesn't have to be warmed, some babies take it fridge temp. It also doesn't take long at all to warm under running water, or at least knock the chill off.

I rung the breast feeding support worker about this yesterday as there's loads of info on how ling to keep expressed milk but not if it's been in the fridge...

She said that once it's been UN the fridge it needs to be used when it reaches room temp so is good for a couple of hours or up to 6 hours in a insulated bag!

Personally I would rather take it out of the fridge and warm it but I do used an insulted bag when I take milk our with me, e.g if we go for food but I also take warm water as my lo prefers it warm

Its not good to give your baby cold milk because they have to burn extra calories to warm it up in their tummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->