Expressed milk question

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hi. I just started breast feeding so still pretty clueless! I've expressed a bottle of milk to take on our first outing today. Fed with boob before we left so it's just a back up really. I'm wondering if it'll be ok in my bag until I feed lo with it in maybe an hour or two? And if she doesn't use it can I put back into the fridge when we get home or do I have to throw away? Thankyou x

I'll add it's pretty hot weather here today x

Expressed milk is good at room temperature for 6 hours, so maybe reduce that timing a bit if it's hot :)

Oh and if she's drank from the bottle you're not technically meant to give the bottle again (bacteria from her mouth) so what might be better is to split the milk up, just offer her a bottle of 2oz and then pour more in if she wants it, but if she doesn't the rest of the milk is safe to go back in the fridge. If she doesn't drink the milk at all if it's back in the fridge within 6 hours I would say it is ok, BM is anti bacterial so it's different to formula.

Thankyou. Unfortunately we've just came out with the one bottle but will remember that tip for next time! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->