• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Expressing at 37+ weeks

Jft1

Reaction score
I had my midwife last week and she mentioned that it's absolutely fine to start expressing from 37 weeks. I didn't know you could express before baby arrived, so I've been googling it and like everything you get the positives and negatives, so I'm wondering if any of ladies have tried expressing before baby arrives?
I don't need comments on how it can bring on labour etc, I just want to know if anyone has tried it?

I had no idea this was a thing. I would think it's probably better to wait until birth, but I'm curious if anyone has any experience trying this.

I didn't know this either hun! :rofl: x

I didn't know either! But she said if my breast feel full and they're leaking there's absolutely no issue with expressing and storing the milk appropriately until baby arrives x

I heard you can express then when baby is born it will turn into colostrum again. I only know this as I was leaking and said to the midwife it looks like milk and not colostrum she said it’s fine your body knows when your baby has been born... you’re producing milk because of surging hormones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->