expressing/bottle feeding to breast?

serenas_song

Reaction score
My baby (10 days old) and I were separated after birth for 6 days while she overcame some c-section related issues in NICU. She could not even be held until day 7. I've been pumping, and she has been bottle feeding my milk. For the last 4 days we've worked on breast feeding with very very little success (she screams and then goes to sleep). She mostly just will not latch. Going to see another lactation counselor tomorrow. I really really want to BF and get rid of my pump! Has anyone had any success going from bottle/pump to breast? Can anyone help me? I'm so frustrated and feel so bad that she's having to go through this. :shrug:

Not personally hun but my sister in law had a similar situation. She did loads of skin to skin and spent whole days in bed with the baby. Good luck xxx

Our situation wasn't as drastic as we had her with us but she did what you're describing, just wouldn't latch, screamed and then went to sleep. We had to supplement with formula and expressed milk (when it came in) through SNS and bottles but just kept constantly trying to get her to latch. I know not everyone thinks they're beneficial but for us nipple shields really helped. It seemed they helped her transition from bottle to nipple and after 2 weeks of constantly offering breast first she finally latched and after a month was more consistent. She's now almost 3 months and exclusively bf. Keep trying!! You're definitely doing a great job so far! Hopefully this new LC will be able to help :thumbup:

yeah, someone else mentioned nipple shields as well...will bring it up with LC...I'm desperate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->