extended breastfeeding no period but loads of cramping

honey915

mum to 2 little boys
Reaction score
I have been feeding for one year and have had loads of cramping on and off but npw its daily and very painful. Ive had loads of weird discharge (sorry tmi), which yday was dark yellow (almost like blood) but still no period! Im sure i ov this month as i had ewcm so im hoping this is the return of my fertility! Anyone share their experiences?

Can't help from personal experience but sounds promising. I'm 6 months into breastfeeding and hoping fertility won't be too long in returning. I won't give up BF for it but at 34 I don't want to wait too long. They say 14 months is average but i've noticed lots of women seem to get it back at about 10/11 months. Often they feel like their period is coming on for a month or two before it does. You could always try testing if you are impatient to know.

Still cramping! And had a tiny bit of blood. Going to wait before testing to see of i get any other symptoms

I think the first periods when you are breastfeeding are often a bit erratic so could be a weird period.

I fed my first for 9 months went down to night feeds at about 7 months.. Started have occasional spotting and cramping,
No proper period though. Managed to conceive number 2 when he was 8 months. Number 2 fed for 2&1/2 years, after lots of random
Cramping period returned at about 2 years xx

So just tested anyway and bfn so must just be a weird one! Itll happen when my body is ready i guess. Im still night feeding too so this is probabky causing upset

You could do ovulation testing this month to see if you have started ovulating.

I could have sworn a couple of times over the last few weeks I was getting my period too... but nope. I thought one day I had one instance of yellow cm like you're talking about too.

I'm actually surprised to not have had my period back after 12 months breastfeeding, but I did also read recently that 14 months can be the month if you keep on feeding. Which would be perfect as we want to try for our second baby next year.

Zephram ive heard this also! Fingers crossed. Im not too familiar woth opk but usually when ive tested i dont get any second line at all. I tested a few weeks ago and had a faint line but realise this doesnt mean anything as the line needs to be as dark as the control line. I had ewcm at the time but tested again next day same time and there was no line again. Confused!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->