Extra eyes on opks?

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
Here I am again, attempting to read my opk I took earlier. The picture included was 5 minutes after taking the test, now of course it's much darker since it's been hours. Could I be getting close to ovulation already? I would hope so as I'm at CD18 and usually don't O until CD22 onward.

Attachments

• cd18 cycle12.jpg
    cd18 cycle12.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 17
Yes I'd say you are close! Although its different for everyone. Some ladies get a line all cycle that slowly gets darker as they get closer until just before o they get a blaring pos that's darker than control line. Me - I get no line at all until just before o I get a faint line that gets darker, I rarely see a pos and then gone! I know I o as I temp. So we're all different, but it looks good to me! Good luck x

Yep i'd say thats bery close maybe later in the day or next day might turn positive x

Mine I just posted looks the exact same! I think we used the same test as well. I took another one thismorning and it's the exact same result as yours andmy time last month

Attachments

• IMAG0264.jpg
    IMAG0264.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 9
Thanks ladies! I'll be taking another one this afternoon so we'll see how that goes. Fingers crossed my temps will give me a confirmed O soon!! We bd this morning and it hurt near my right ovary, which I was surprised about - that doesn't usually happen.

Mrs W - My problem seems to be that when I've done opks before it'll be faint up until I'm close but once I hit a positive it stays that way until I run out of tests:dohh:

Genesis - I posted in your thread right after I posted my own:haha: I think we're both really close if not positive already. :thumbup:

I ve been having the same problem. Running out of test when they get to this stage. It's happened two cycles now hahahaha

Next cycle I start Femara and my doctor said one I hit a positive to stop testing, I plan to go all out and get the digi ones so there's no squinting or mistaking it. I have to wait until this evening to do another opk

Next cycle I start Femara and my doctor said one I hit a positive to stop testing, I plan to go all out and get the digi ones so there's no squinting or mistaking it. I have to wait until this evening to do another opk

What is the femara for?
I need to stop testing after a positive as well I started using the dip stock opks to save some money but I was using digital before and miss them lol maybe stock up Friday they are like thirty five dollars a box for twenty og the clear blues I may get two boxes so I can just feel free to test because I'm becoming a poas addict lol I think it's the dip sticks that did it to me cause I was less stressed with the digital

Maybe you could use the digi's to confirm positives of the dip stick opks? I know some ladies do.

Femara is supposed to be like Clomid but less harsh on the body. It's approved for cancer treatments but I guess a lot of doctors are switching to it for ovulation help instead of Clomid because there's less harsh side effects and it leaves the body sooner.

Wow okay didn't know that. How long are your cycles usually?
I get af once a month but never the same cycle length but I guess I still fall under normal.

Yes that's a great idea I will try one box of digital and order some dip stick opk off line.
20 digitals will last much longer that way and ordering off line will let me not feel guilty About peeing on a stick all the time.

The docs days the days of bleeding was not period so I didn't count it on ff as period and now with this positive opk that puts me oing on CD 25 which makes for a long cycle ugh why can't my body just do what it's suppose to

I know, it's so frustrating. Why did your doctor think the bleeding wasn't a period?

My cycles range from 35-37 days with a few 40 day cycles so my doctor is giving me Femara to make me ovulate for sure and sooner.

She didn't really explain but one it was ten days after I had just got off af and it wasn't heavy but it wasn't light and most days it was spotting it lasted for eight days and my af is always five. I went to different doc because mine was booked until April. The doc said it sounds like I'm ovulating because I get af every month I just can't pin point o dates

That does sound like a strange bleed. I have a hard time pin pointing O dates as well, that's why I temp and it's been super helpful. New opk tonight! I think it might be closer, but I'm still squinting to see a difference so I'm just not sure lol

May I ask what cycle your on?

Attachments

• cd19 cycle11.jpg
    cd19 cycle11.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 4
Lol I've lost count I have been trying since getting off B.C. in June of 2012. Though I'm convinced I've been doing it wrong the whole time. I've never gotten a good opk and bd timing. And I just started having a cycle every month

Me too! And my sex drive has decreased since having my son. It may have been easier if I still wanted sex 3-5 times daily haha

Haha, that would make it easier wouldn't it?:haha: Just hitting every other day can be hard for me, it makes it feel like work rather than play.

Have you tried macs root ? It increases energy and sex drive almost good for your mans swimmers it worked for me but I took a break from ttc and haven't went back on it but will be getting some Friday

Well may have been wrong about if opk was pos. I'm starting to get ewcm tonight as before I only had watery and o pain tonight is getting stronger as the night goes by. Out of opks though can't get any until after church tomorrow

I've never heard of macs root but I will definitely look into it.

Maybe the opks are getting close to a positive as your body gets ready to O. At least get some bd in tonight or tomorrow just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->