Extreme dizziness after blood tests

Bbari2018

Reaction score
I'm 17 weeks but just had my first trimester bloodwork done on saturday afternoon (2 days ago). They took 13 vials of blood. I felt fine after, a bit more tired than usual, but nothing out if the ordinary.

Sunday, I had a full day of rest, including a nap.

Now it's Monday morning, and I'm extremely light headed and dizzy, til the point I couldnt even go to work. I have such little energy that even sitting up is difficult.

Although I naturally have low blood pressure, I've been eating well and making sure I drink lots of water.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I can't understand why it would affect me two days after..

It probably wasn't the blood tests that long after, more likely you just had a dip in blood pressure. Like you I tend towards low blood pressure and already once in this pregnancy I've had one very dizzy spell (for no apparent reason) which then passed, in my pregnancy with my son I had lots of dizzy spells and fully blacked out (briefly) twice.
It's just a thing that happens in pregnancy if you have low blood pressure! Don't worry about it, just be careful. The midwives told me last time the only danger posed by low blood pressure is that you might faint and hit your head/belly/drop something hot/drop a child/fall down stairs etc. But you get warning before you faint (ie the extreme dizziness), so just make sure as soon as you get that dizziness you put everything down and sit down. Hope it doesn't happen to you too much!

My guess would be the low blood pressure rather than the blood test. It wouldn't make sense that you'd feel fine afterwards and then suddenly have all those symptoms the next day from a blood draw. It is possible that you just had a dip in blood pressure that caused the dizziness. I too have low blood pressure during pregnancy and I have to make sure I eat regularly or else I experience the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->