Extreme lower back pain

SoldierWife

Reaction score
So with my first pregnancy I had no problems at all with this much pain until the last couple weeks before I popped.

Along my lower back and hip area (only on the back side) has been THROBBING for weeks. Like to the point I often have to have my husband help me stand up getting in and out of bed and even standing up from sitting at the supper table. If I don't get help its almost like my joints just want to give out and I'll fall from the shooting pain.

Anyone else go through anything like this?

I have an ultrasound and an appointment on Weds so I plan to bring it up then too but I'm really stumped. I will take some tylenol and that does help a little bit but nothing truly helps.

This pregnancy has been kicking my butt! :shipw:

I have been having horrific back and hip pain this pregnancy also that I didn't experience last time. One of the midwives I talked to said to picture the ligaments around my uterus like a hair band...after you use it once it's not quite as tight..she said same goes for the ligaments and it puts more strain on everything because it's holding lower and looser.

I got a pregnancy pillow that cradles around my back and that helps a lot..have to enlist my fiance to massage it out every once in a while.. also started sitting on a birthing ball (big exercise ball) and doing circles and figure 8s.. all together it seems to help..mainly the pillows..I use the leachco body pillow and the boppy wedge and it takes soo much pressure off.. last pregnancy I got away with just a cheap $10 body pillow.

I have pain that shoots down my left butt cheek, and then down my thigh into my calf. Never had that last time around.:growlmad:

There are some stretching poses to do lying down that will help! Supine spinal twists are a pregnant lady's friend

I'll have to try those ideas. My hip joints are killing me but its only in my back side of my hips. I swear I think ripping my legs off would hurt less than this hip pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->