Extreme nausea if I don't eat every few hours?

cnote

Reaction score
Hi ladies...

This is my first time being this far along in pregnancy, and basically about 3 times a day I get extremely nauseous, dizzy and light-headed until I eat a pretty big/somewhat heavy meal. I've tried to snack all day on fruit, granola bars etc. and it just kind of keeps the dizziness and nausea at a tolerable level but doesn't get rid of it. Eventually it just hits full force and I feel so sick and like I'll pass out until I eat a solid actual meal. Does anyone know why this is and how to combat it? I'm trying to eat healthy and not gain too much, but the super healthy stuff isn't holding me over when these episodes happen...

I feel nauseous when eating and when not eating. It's the massive surge in hormones that causes MS and not sure there is any one fits all method to combat it. Sometimes a drink or a snack will make me feel better for half an hour and then feel sick again :(. But also feel sick when eating a big meal sometimes :(

Yes I'm totally like this. It's such a pain, I also feel a bit sick just after I've eaten too. I feel my best if I have a nice big breakfast and it keeps me feeling a fair bit 'normal' for a few hours xxx oh the joys of it all xxx

I feel exactly the same. I get some relief for an hour or two after a big meal and then I start to feel worse again, it's really hard. At the moment I'm just doing whatever makes me feel best, if that means eating a big meal then so be it! I'm trying to eat healthier foods too like soup, pasta salad/couscous, etc although sometimes I fancy things like fried chicken and chips. The nausea doesn't last forever so I figure I can start to enjoy a variety of foods again then. Luckily I've completely gone off sweet treats and I normally have a very sweet tooth, so I'm hoping that balances out the extra calories I must be eating from all these meals!

That was me in both of my pregnancies. When I was going through morning sickness I had to pretty much keep something in my stomach all the time or it would get worse.

Today I felt really awful after eating and actually threw up. MS not completely unbearable but definitely yucky :(

I had this loads week 6-8! It was absolutely awful. I tried to eat as often as possible and keep hydrated.
It's eased up now thankfully, hope yours doesn't last too long x

I feel great in the morning if I eat right away. Then get queasy and gross feeling after lunch until supper.
I try to get a nap on the weekends during that time, but it isn't helping :sad:
Hoping I figure out how to get rid of this feeling of nausea.

I am the saaammee wayyyyy. I convinced myself that I wasn't going to gain much weight with this pregnancy, but the fact that the only thing that curbs my sickness is carbs I don't see how that's possible! Hopefully it goes away before I gain too much weight :haha: but for now, I'm just eating and eating to make myself feel better.

Thanks ladies for your responses! I feel better knowing this is like a thing that happens to other pregnant people....ugh it's so annoying! I am always trying to get more fit looking (my body is naturally on the curvier side) and this need to eat high calorie meals a few times a day to keep me functioning is just cruel! I'd have to work out 2 hours a day to burn this off...hopefully this is temporary and it will ease up in a few weeks like some of you suggested. Hope we all can get off this food rollercoaster soon! Enjoy your Saturday! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->