Extreme pain :(

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score
I woke up in extreme pain about 2.30am after maybe 3 hours disturbed sleep and I haven't gone back to sleep since. It's now 5am

I had my hooping cough injection yesterday and by the evening my arm was going tingly and numb and I started to not be able to move it much or do a lot with it. I'm very tiny so I imagine my symptoms would be worse than if I were a bit bigger.

But I've now got really bad back pain. I feel like I had 4 glasses of wine last night too. I'm dehydrated and have been drinking water to try and feel better as I have a headache too. I'm gonna get up and get food cos I'm hungry now too and see if I feel any better. But this is just horrible :(

If it means I'm passing immunities to my baby then ill deal with it gladly.
But it's so painful :(

P.s I'm not worried about baby. He is still happily wriggling away x

Personally I would go to a doc just in case.they do sound like pretty bad symptoms for an adult having a vaccine.i never got anything more than a dead arm.

aww hope you feel better soon!! i was actually going to talk to my doctor about the whooping cough vaccine but you're making me second guess if i want that right now or not ! maybe ill wait until he is born now

I'm glad I've had it. But I do feel awful. I haven't been sleeping right for a while now

I had the jab Monday and have been feeling unwell since couple hours after having it. My arm is also VERY painful and all I want to do is sleep and drink :-(

I only got a sore arm. If it was me I would be ringing the doctor or going and seeing him to make sure all is ok

My arm was very sore and swollen to a massive lump around injection site but didn't have any other symptoms x ring doctor

aww hope you feel better soon!! i was actually going to talk to my doctor about the whooping cough vaccine but you're making me second guess if i want that right now or not ! maybe ill wait until he is born now

Having the vaccine is for their protection not ours. The vaccine is not nice but it is a lot better than lo getting whooping cough when first born and have such a low immune system.

Like the others I would ring doc and just get checked out x:hugs:

I'd err on the side of caution and call doctors when they open.

Having the vaccine is for their protection not ours. The vaccine is not nice but it is a lot better than lo getting whooping cough when first born and have such a low immune system.

yes, I know. Which is why I would either get it right now or as soon as he is born.

yes, I know. Which is why I would either get it right now or as soon as he is born.

I may be wrong but I don't think you can give the injection to baby as soon as they are born. If you don't have the injection then baby will wait until the 4 month mark to have the injection.

The purpose of us having the jab is to ensure that the baby has some protection between birth and then.

I may be wrong but I don't think you can give the injection to baby as soon as they are born. If you don't have the injection then baby will wait until the 4 month mark to have the injection.

The purpose of us having the jab is to ensure that the baby has some protection between birth and then.

Gotcha :thumbup: thanks I just read a bit more on it. I thought it was just something for us to get at anytime to protect the baby even after he/she was born. I just read they recommend it between 28 and 32 weeks. It also says even after getting it during pregnancy the baby will still need to be vaccinated at 2 months old. Will talk to my doctor about it next time i go in :)

Baby's get the injection at there 6 week appointment here

if youre bf does the baby get the immunities?

Ladies - ALWAYS vaccinate. Sometimes *some* vaccines will cause a bit of a reaction in us (I know sometimes I feel a bit hot after and nearly pass out) and fluey symptoms are not uncommon, but I know that I 'sero-convert' really well (produce antibodies) so I think my immune system is just very good and it doesn't need much for it to go batsh*t. Any side effects may not be due to the actual vaccine - but the stuff they give with it to sensitise your immune system (called the adjuvant) so you're more likely to sero-convert. Either, or.... these vaccines and adjuvants have been tested 6-ways-and-backwards and you have to be extremely unlucky (as in total opposite of winning the lottery unlucky) if you get any life-changing negative reactions.

Someone made the point that these vaccines are for the baby inside us as opposed to ourselves, as we can't pass on those precious antibodies if we are not making them in the first place. I cannot agree with this more.

Please, please - get the jabs/shots you need. Look at what happened/is happening in Wales... people are very worried about the more posh suburbs of London as there's a lot of children who have not had the MMR there (due to that utter quack and total crackpot - yeah sue me dickhead! - Andrew Wakefield).

Couldn't agree more. I work in a&e and there has definitely been a rise in whooping cough cases in the last year.

Update :flower:

I am fine now, like the nurse said to me, I felt better after 24 hours.
My arm still feels bruised, like it's been punched and it's itching a bit now. But after a lovely full nights sleep, I no longer have a headache or anything.

I'd rather have 24 hours of feeling awful and know that I've done what I can to help my baby avoid getting sick before he can be vaccinated himself :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->