Extreme weakness and exhaustion?! :-(

Ella_Hopeful

Mom to 5 inc. b/g twins. RPL sufferer.
Reaction score
I feel so dizzy and tired and weak. Thought it would get better with 2nd tri but it's only getting worse. Some days I literally can't lift my arms and legs, it takes superhuman effort just to get off the couch or get out of bed and I feel so so tired. Can't go out the house. Been working from home and even then not managing to keep up. Anyone else feel like this? I can't function!!!

Its perhaps a good idea to have your Iron levels checked. Had the same problem and turned out that I needed additional Iron which helped allot with the tiredness.

I'm with you. Weekends are the worst because I spend the day running around getting stuff not done with a toddler. Last night I sat down on the couch and couldn't even muster enough energy to get up off the couch to get a snack. I didn't move until bedtime then waddled to bed. Then pregnancy insomnia kicked in.

Not helping are the toddler. DH is busy with renovations this summer so I'm on my own. We had friends over on Saturday so I was already worn out. And I think I've got vulvar hemorrhoids >.<

Making a baby is exhausting. At our 20 week US, peanut was curled up into a little ball occupying only half my uterus. Now I know why I feel like I'm carrying a bowling ball. It's a bit better when he's stretched out.

As PP said, maybe check your iron. Get as much rest as you can, a little exercising (like walking) when you can, eat well and just hang in there.

I second getting iron levels checked. I need to take liquid iron (the iron tablets from docs aggravate my guts) otherwise I'm exactly the same as you!

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time, have you had your hemoglobin levels checked. You may have low iron......

I had the same issue with my second pregnancy for approx. two weeks during my second trimester. It was true FATIGUE. Actually scared me a little because I have never felt so tired and without energy in my life. I was dizzy, weak and just felt so very "off". That said, my irons levels were great so it wasn't, as others have suggested, from low iron.

I would get your levels checked and if they're fine then it's more than possible that it is a lousy pregnancy side effect. Hopefully it doesn't last long and you feel better soon!

I feel you. I had such a hard time sleeping until a week ago. Just felt hot and huge and couldn't rest. I've been going to bed earlier and I find sleeping with a pillow between my legs kind of with my bump resting on it has helped me get comfortable x

Everyone always only say iron but you really need vitamin b12 also checked which doesn't normally happen until 26-28 weeks. Vitamin b12 deficiency is quite important for yourself and for baby as well. I struggle with my vitamin b12 being low when pregnant and this entire pregnancy I have been more exhausted than my first and I'm taking naps during the day constantly. Sometimes it can just be pregnancy exhaustion but if you aren't feeling yourself these type of things could be the problem. I hope you start to feel better soon

Thanks ladies! Iron came back fine, started taking some better prenatals hope they help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->