Extremely dark +OPK and 2 weeks late, help please?

Jeanne84

Stepmom to 2, TTC #1!
Reaction score
Ok ladies, attached is my very very positive First Response OPK from this morning, right next to what obviously looks like a pretty plain BFN on a FRER pregnancy test. Used the same FMU for both. Both lines on the OPK were the same color yesterday morning, now as you can see the test line is darker than the control so that means I have a LH surge today and should O soon if I'm reading it right??

The thing is... I'm actually 2 weeks LATE for AF right now, so I should've had my period around April 20th and be around cycle day #14 by now (so if everything was normal I would expect to be O'ing right now) BUT... 1st day of my last period was March 20th and I don't temp or anything so don't know if I ovulated or not for sure but SHOULD have in April... and now this- I never got a period last month, no spotting, NOTHING. I have sore nipples (worse today than yesterday), constantly peeing, and have been abnormally tired and slightly nauseous in the evenings for about a week. Any thoughts? Have a doc appt for Tuesday because I'm worried maybe something was wrong since I'm so late and hpt are BFN. Do you think I didn't O last month and finally am today? Isn't that REALLY late?? :shrug:

Attachments

• pos opk.jpg
    pos opk.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 26
It is pretty dark for two weeks past unless ur going to O!
Do u have any other ovulating symptoms, cramps, EWCM etc? X

It is pretty dark for two weeks past unless ur going to O!
Do u have any other ovulating symptoms, cramps, EWCM etc? X

The only symptoms I've had is ewcm for the past 3 days and slight twinges/light cramping late last night and early this morning. Nothing painful. Had sharp stabbing/throbbing pain in one breast, then the other, 2 days ago...weird. Then nips got sore 2 days ago and more sore yesterday. Sooooo... yeah looks like could really be O, but I can't figure out exactly why I never got my period... I've read contradicting things online that if you don't O, you won't get a period, and if you don't O, you will still get a period. And I remember having ewcm for a few days about a month ago, which is right when I should have been O'ing this past cycle. Maybe my body geared up to O but nothing happened so it's trying again now???

Possibly but if u haven't even had a sniff at AF then I would be inclined to think u were preg? A lot of girls don't test pos on hpt for weeks and weeks, I'd book urself in to the docs and ask for a blood test!
Do u track bbt? If not can u get a hold of a thermometer? If u check in the morn and ur temp is over 36.6-36.7 most websites advise tht anything over 36.6 is def post ovulation temps...might help to give u an idea as if the temps are low (36.0-36.5) you might be right in that your gearing up for ov! Xx

Possibly but if u haven't even had a sniff at AF then I would be inclined to think u were preg? A lot of girls don't test pos on hpt for weeks and weeks, I'd book urself in to the docs and ask for a blood test!
Do u track bbt? If not can u get a hold of a thermometer? If u check in the morn and ur temp is over 36.6-36.7 most websites advise tht anything over 36.6 is def post ovulation temps...might help to give u an idea as if the temps are low (36.0-36.5) you might be right in that your gearing up for ov! Xx

Exactly! I didn't think much of it until when one day I looked at my calendar and realized how friggin' long it had been since last AF! So I googled it of course and did see that there are women that have a hard time getting a positive even when they're pretty far along. Figured that's gotta be pretty rare though really?
I called the doc a week ago and I am going in for an exam on Tuesday. Pap and pelvic, and if she thinks it's appropriate, a full physical. I think I will ask for a blood preg test like you said. She may not do it but doesn't hurt to check. Last time I really thought I was preggo and she refused to do a blood test because the pee test was negative :(
Thank you for the advice on the BBT, no I don't do it. Honestly not trying really hard either way right now, but really more concerned that my body's working correctly! Temping would be good to start to find that out I suppose. I can pick up a a BBT thermometer and I'll see what comes of it.

I think that considering the bfn hpt, that you skipped an ovulation last cycle and are now gearing up to ovulate as usual, so get bd'ing :) good luck! XxxxxxxxX

I think that considering the bfn hpt, that you skipped an ovulation last cycle and are now gearing up to ovulate as usual, so get bd'ing :) good luck! XxxxxxxxX

I think you are right, but I'm having a hard time ovulating right now if that's the case! Holy cow, I have the worst lower backache and super sore nipples, to where it was super painful to take a shower. Lower ab cramps on and off too. AND positive OPK's for days straight now! How long is it going to take for my body to release a stupid egg so I can stop feeling this way? Don't you usually ovulate pretty quickly after detecting a LH surge on the OPK? According to my tests, I've had this "surge" for 3 of the 4 days I've tested (3 of the 4 have been very dark positives, the first was just a positive). :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->