extremely ITCHY BELLY...what can help?

Melisa1985

Reaction score
My belly started being so itchy that it won't let me sleep during the night, the itch so BAD! I keep putting cocoa butter formula massage lotion & bio-oil, but nothing seems to help the itch. I get up during the night from the itch like 4-5 times & keep applying the lotion in hopes to relieve the itch at least a little.
What do you do ?? anyone else felt/feeling this??

I'm like this! Drives me potty. Cold compress helps me x

Try coconut oil. It's natural plus would come in handy when baby gets here also. You can use it on your nipples is you're breast feeding, on baby's bum in case of diaper rash and also for cradle cap :) plus many other things! Google 'benefits of coconut oil'

I have a bath with AVEENO anit itch oatmeal powder! Its lovely. Its for hives/poison oak/eczema ect. But my OB recommended it.

I second coconut oil! make sure it is organic unrefined though! refining it takes the good stuff out!
I use a mixture of coconut oil and baking soda on my face and on my belly in the shower and rise the baking soda away with warm water. My belly never itches anymore at all since I started doing this once a day. :thumbup:

ORGANIC COCONUT OIL.

i have PUPPPS, and literally almost had a nervous breakdown from lack of sleep and itchiness. the doctor gave me a steroid cream, which was useless. the coconut oil is the ONLY thing that works for me, and i've tried it all: oatmeal baths, lanolin, olive oil, hydrocortisone cream, cocoa butter, menthol lotion, ice packs, everything. coconut oil was/is my savior.

Benadryl is safe in pregnancy! and it will help you sleep :sleep:

https://pregnancy.familyeducation.com/third-trimester/32-weeks-2-days.html

I happened to come across this today and thought of you. If its really bad, then you might want to get it looked at. :flower:

I got some E45 creme, get something for eczema/dry skin. Also put it in the fridge, it is nice and soothing to put on cold stuff.

Stop the bio oil!!! The oil makes the itching worse!! X

I went to see my GP about this and I was given double base gel and some canesten cream and the itching stopped very quickly!

Stop the bio oil!!! The oil makes the itching worse!! X

I've used bio-oil my entire pregnancy and I don't itch at all and have no stretch marks. I had stretch marks from previous weight gain and even these have faded :)

Coconut oil plus Shea butter for me. Aloe Vera gel seems to help too

I bought coconut oil...how do you apply?? do I liquify it first and than apply to belly?? can i leave it on all day or does it need to be washed off after certain amount of time?

As it solidifies, rub on your palm till its Vaseline consistency and apply all round ur bump. A penny size will do

yeah, I just grab a penny or nickel sized amount, and it starts melting with the heat of your skin. my PUPPPS rash has stopped itching and almost gone away. I haven't used the steroid cream in a week. my doctors are amazed that just coconut oil is healing my rash. it's amazing. I hope it helps you as much as it helped me. (I swear i'm not trying to sell coconut oil, lol!)

Ohhh fingers crossed that it helps because I reached a point where the itch of my belly is not letting me sleep at night, who would have thought it could be this extreme!!
I'm seeing my doctor next week & will def. mention it to him because this is driving me insane.

I itch a little bit but not too bad. I also don't have any stretch marks yet (knock on wood!). I use pure coconut oil on my belly/hips/boobs/arms/pretty much everywhere every morning.

I bought coconut oil...how do you apply?? do I liquify it first and than apply to belly?? can i leave it on all day or does it need to be washed off after certain amount of time?

I just scrape some off of the top and it turns into liquid really fast from the heat of my hands, then I just rub it all over my belly and other areas.

I just scoop and rub. It absorbs pretty quick so i just rub it on all over when i get out of the shower and it's normally absorbed by the time I'm done brushing my teeth and the rest of my after shower ritual. I use it on my face as well, in pave of a moisturizer. It's amazing stuff.
Lol jtink- you sound like me, i recommend it to everyone for like everything. I sound like a coconut oil saleswoman

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->