extremely ITCHY BELLY...what can help?

Tell your mw if you havent before hand as itching on belly.particularly at night could be a symptom of obstetric cholestasis...also benadryl isnt recommended in pregnancy.....no oral anti histamine is. Xxxx

Tell your mw if you havent before hand as itching on belly.particularly at night could be a symptom of obstetric cholestasis...also benadryl isnt recommended in pregnancy.....no oral anti histamine is. Xxxx

The drug is specifically on the list of safe drugs given from my Dr. In addition, when I had a reaction to the whooping cough vaccine it was the first thing recommended.

It's definitely on my approved med list so I'm not too sure where you heard that? So is Tylenol PM which also has Diphendyramine

Stop the bio oil!!! The oil makes the itching worse!! X

I've used bio-oil my entire pregnancy and I don't itch at all and have no stretch marks. I had stretch marks from previous weight gain and even these have faded :)

Yeah bio oil is fab! But if your already itchy, oil makes it worse, especially if like me your scratching caused the skin to break and bleed.
It's the same with eczema which I also have, baby oil can sting and cause it to get worse! Xx

It's definitely on my approved med list so I'm not too sure where you heard that? So is Tylenol PM which also has Diphendyramine

Im from the uk which may explain the difference and my midwife and consultant both told me that oral antihistamines werent considered "safe" in pregnancy. I had a really bad reaction to an insect bite to the point where my knee swelled up, it was enormous and bright red and solid and I was told that I could use hydrocortisone cream and if it didnt work then I would have needed to go to hospital for iv treatment.

I have terrible eczema so I am itch prone anyway.
I use this....

https://www.nealsyardremedies.com/Mothers-Balm

It's a god send, the one night I didn't use it I scratched all night long. Every other night though :)

Tried coconut oil today, still not helping...how long before it helps???
I phoned my doctors office & waiting for a call back, I just want to see if he can prescribe me something for this itch, driving me insane & i hope it's not due to anythng else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->