Extremely low cervix? and SCH?

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
I noticed today that my cervix is extremely low, when standing it's only about an inch inside...My cervix has never been low like this, my typical low is 4 inches at least. I called the midwife on call which turned out to be my midwife and she said no sex, take it easy, no heavy lifting and no exercise for the next few days to see if it goes up, and to do kegals. She informed me that my ultrasound a few days ago showed small subchorionic hematomas and maybe it's putting pressure and pushing it down?

Does anybody have any experience with this?

I don't have experience with the low cervix, but I did have a small SCH my first pregnancy. I was told no sex for a couple of weeks and it fixed it self. Try to take it easy and not worry too much.

I had bleeding so they just wanted to be safe and put me on pelvic rest.

I have a SCH. I have been on pelvic rest for 16 weeks now, it was still present at my last scan. My cervix did feel low at some points, but my OB has warned me not to touch it as doing so can stimulate contractions.

Ohh interesting about the contractions... my midwife didn't seem too concerned about the bleeds, she said only hold off for a few days, maybe they are very small? I haven't had any bleeding myself.

I did figure out that my cervix is so low because my uterus is tilted and it hasn't moved into position yet, so it is growing downward for now... im sure it happened during my pregnancy with my son too but at that point my cervical position was not something I thought about

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->