Extremely sore stomach muscles at 24 weeks?

NennaKay

Hubby, two girls,and NTNP #3.
Reaction score
When I went to sleep last night, my stomach was upset like I'd maybe eaten something that disagreed with me.

When I woke up this morning my entire bump hurt like I'd slept on it all night.

As the day as progressed, my stomach muscles have been tender/sore when bending over or standing up. I even thought maybe I was dehydrated, so I've been sure to drink lots of water today, but I still hurt.

Is this normal stretching? This is my second pregnancy, but I've never experienced anything like this.

I'm not sure if it's normal or not, but the same thing happens to me

Anybody else have this? Could it be from my bump popping?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 12
My bumps been feeling like its full of concrete the last couple of days, almost like its weighing me down is that what you mean?

No, but I've had that feeling too, Rainbow...

Yesterday my bump actually felt sore (like one big bruise) if I touched, rubbed, stood up, twisted... The whole bump actually ached. Today, it seems to be back to just being heavy.

I think if it is your stomach muscles, it may not have anything to do with the pregnancy. If I am sick (vomiting) or have a horrible cough, the next day I will really feel sore from it. It could also be a physical strain of some kind from earlier that you don't immediately connect with feeling sore now. I think the round ligament pain from uterine stretching is sharper, lower down, and much more associated with suddenly standing from a sitting position and stuff like that. But pregnancy comes in as many colors as the rainbow and you know your body best! I just don't think it is necessarily connected. Hope you feel better.

Mine feels like I've done weeks of crunches... So sore! Like a tight/bruise feeling xxx

Ooooh yeah I get what you mean! I've had that as well, I get it a lot in my lower bump can be really sore, I find a warm bath or a hot water bottle helps :hugs:

I had something like it in the third trimester when my stomach muscles would separate (Diastasis Recti). They were stitched back together during my C Section. I hope I wont have s problem this time.

I have a similar thing, some nights it hurts so much that it's really painful for me to roll over etc. :( I think it's all to do with stretching and getting bigger.. I find a relaxing warm bath tends to help a little! :)

Thanks for the hot bath suggestion, Rainbow and Rebecca! Oh gosh, Marume, I'm sorry you had to go through that... Uber painful!

Yeah it's normal. Your ab muscles are kind of separating and it's not comfy!

Similar to marumi, maybe you have a hernia developing. I have one left over from my first child that was so small they wouldn't refer me to have it fixed and now it can make my whole tummy sore if I do too much in one go.

Golly gee redhead, I hope it's nothing that serious... I have an appointment on Wednesday, so I'll check with my OB then! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->