Fa/oa

louandivy

Reaction score
Has anyone ever attended a food addicts/overeaters anonymous group? Was it busy and were there only people with binge eating problems there or where there anorexics and bulimics too? Thanks in advance

Lou,
Did you get any more info from anywhere about this?
xx

Hey, no I didn't - I texted the group leader of OA but she never got back to me to give me the location! And I read up more on FA and its kinda weird, you have to abstain from flour and sugar which didn't really seem right in my situation so I didn't bother going. Did you ever attend anything like that? I have heard that OA is actually really good, kinda crap that she just didn't reply!

Hope you are well :)

Hey, no I didn't - I texted the group leader of OA but she never got back to me to give me the location! And I read up more on FA and its kinda weird, you have to abstain from flour and sugar which didn't really seem right in my situation so I didn't bother going. Did you ever attend anything like that? I have heard that OA is actually really good, kinda crap that she just didn't reply!

Hope you are well :)

Hey :)
No, I had group therapy/CBT. I've become concerned, recently, that I'm overeating though. I don't want to get back into old, bad habits though.
I looked at the OA website - it seems to be really linked to religion, which I didn't expect.
How are you? I hope everything's ok.
xx

Yeah I looked into the religion aspect and it claims that they do not expect you to follow any religion but I would feel kind of uncomfortable if they did group prayers or something!

Ahhh I'm sorry to hear that, I think overeating is quite a common problem when recovering from an ED, maybe it would be worth trying OA? I have def heard good things about it! I'm okay thanks, just not in a great mindset at the mo and losing weight fairly rapidly so I know I need to get it under control before it gets really bad. Pm me if you ever want to chat :) x

Thanks, Lou. Same goes for you.
I've deleted all my PMs now, so you actually can PM me, if you need me! :)
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->