fabric softner and nappies

P

purple_socks

so i understand that u shouldn't use fabric softner/conditioner when washing nappies but i currently have 2in1 powder with softner?! should i buy some normal plain powder or has anyone used the 2in1 stuff? also what abt using things like oxy clean?

the only 2in1 thats ok is bold 2in1 for some reason, if its not that one i would buy another bio washing powder, i use the cheapy wilko's one

x

Yea, you're not meant to use fab softner - it coats the fibres in the nappies and can cause them to be less absorbant. And yes, you can use oxyclean, but it's not imperative to use it everytime, they eat away at the fibres, making them wear out quicker. If they are getting a bit whiffy, you can use baking soda for a natural way to soak them.

Ecover is actually safe for cloth diapers as long as it isn't used with every wash...I used it for months with no issues at all. Oxyclean is ok too. I wouldn't use the 2 in 1 stuff though

the only 2in1 thats ok is bold 2in1 for some reason, if its not that one i would buy another bio washing powder, i use the cheapy wilko's one

x

Bold 2-1 softener is clay based rather than grease based therefore doesn't coat the fabrics

ETA it smells yummy too!

:dohh: one of my nappies sly'd its way into my washing and when I took it out I just thought oooh it might be okay.... WRONG!!! I used softener in my normal load and it LEAKED all over the place - mainly ME :rofl: needless to say I learnt my lesson! So softner is a no-go - from experience :lol: x

I use non bio and no softener - I just get whatever is on offer, lol, so it's different every time. Got that new persil naturals last week and it smells yummy!

oooo I use that! Its the olive and something??? Gawd knows, its so weird cause whenever I smell my clothes it reminds me of Karma cause thats what I started washing her stuff in 1st :lol: then I decided I'd start using it cause our powder smelt crap :rofl:

I wash everything with a quarter dose of bold 2in1 that way if a nappy sneaks in with the normal wash we don't get any leaks.

I'm use the same as Hanna - Bold 2 in 1 - I have the purple one at the mina nd it smells GORGEOUS :D And like Hanna, if i have a small load of whites to go on, i bung some nappies in too :D

mmm i have the purple one that the mo, I like the red and orange the best, but purple was on offer, lol

OO, i might try that one nest then :D I get the HUGE boxes from Makro - they are on offer at the min at £9.99 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->