Face cream for dry skin?

NuKe

mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Eurgh. In the past few weeks it seems like this baby is robbing me of my good skin! Never had any problems in the past apart from the odd spot here or there, but now it's like there's a coating of dry skin on my face! :nope: I use a good facial scrub and do a facemask once a week but I need a good cream! I rarely wear makeup so it's really obvious now. Don't want to spend over 20 quid really. Suggestions? :hugs:

I think nivea or Johnsons face cream is really good :shrug:

Not a fortune either?

If it's really dry Simple Derma is amazing & dead cheap!

Nivea is brilliant, I have psoriasis on my forehead sometimes and moisterising with it once in the morn and again before bed normally sorts it out x

I slather my face in Sudocreme at night, like a mask, by the morning it's all soaked in and leaves your skin really hydrated and smooth, and is only £3! :)

does it not get all messy??

I heard sudacrem is good for spots too.

Not sure how my pillow would be when I woke up in the morning...does it not stick to your face?

I can highly recommend Liz Earle skin care, her moisturiser for dry skin is lovely & has lots of natural ingredients which is something I really like. You get a free gift with every order & customer service is fab!
The other thing I would think about is how you cleanse your skin as this can make a big difference too.
Xxx

Cetraban cream is great, you can get it from most pharmacies. Try not to rub it in too vigorously and leave a thin shiny film on the surface.

Have a look at the ingrediants in your facial scrub and masks aswell hun, they might be robbing you of your oil. Also E45 is generally good. Depending on how dry your skin is, your doctor might be able to prescribe you something (like an exzema cream) and as your pregnant it should be free :)

Liz earle!! It's fab, the only product I've ever bought that's helped my dodgy skin and I've even spent £120 on bloody Creme la mer, what a waste that was!!

I get dry skin, and use a gentle face scrub & then Nivea moisturiser afterwards, makes my skin really soft :thumbup:

Another Nivea user here, the Nivea pure and natural moisturiser. I used to use Clinque moisturiser, but find the Nivea one every bit as good.

My skin would tend to be very dry, especially in winter. As so far, I've had no dry spots this season.

the bit of my cheeks just to the sides of my nose is like ridiculous! its like sandpaper!!

My problem dry areas usually are forhead and nose, which are most peoples oily parts lol

I found sudocrem made the dry bits worse! I used it the other day and woke up in the morning with bits of skin flaking off, really sexy. My face felt crinkly too :(

I used to love E45, or for really horribly cracked dry stuff, diprobase, but maybe that was prescription only, I don't remember. You could use some plain cocoa butter but it can block pores. Jojoba oil is my favourite, but it's more of a light moisturiser.

I sympathise, I have pregnancy rhinitis and I think my nose will fall off soon from all the blowing.

I use Oil of Olay Total Effects (about £18 or so). I have been using it for years and have never had dry patches like I used to since using it. Don't forget to drink at least 2 litres of water/fluids per day to hydrate skin from the inside out as well. Central heating and cold windy weather can dry out your skin too, so I swear by glugging on the old H2 O.

XXX

sam tbh right now ive never drunk so much water in my life!! im determined to fight the constipation this time round so im drinking loooooooads of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->