Facebook Photo

LynnDAndrea

Reaction score
My Aunt and I are friends on Facebook, she has been a little over the top since my baby girl was born. She almost acts like my baby is her Granddaughter.
I post photos of my daughter on Facebook. Not too many photos but a few here and there.
I also send several photos of my baby to my Mom and MIL.
Recently I saw that my Aunt posted a photo that I took of my daughter and had sent to my Mom. I had not previously posted it on Facebook. So my Aunt must of got this photo from my Mom.
My Aunt never asked my permission before posting a photo of my daughter on the internet. She never received this photo from me directly and she did not tag me in the photo on Facebook. She is also responding to the comments everyone is posting-these comments are from strangers I don’t know-saying “Thank you, yes she is beautiful.”
I am beyond angry and I feel that is so disrespectful. Am I in the wrong? Thoughts?

Social media can be a touchy subject when it comes to kids photos, it's caused a huge rift between my uncles. People have different standards for it and don't necessarily realise, she probably assumed it was OK to post because you do. Is your baby the first of her generation? Sometimes people get overexcited and just want to share with everyone. You need to talk to her if you don't want her to share any more photos publicly or at least teach her how to control her privacy settings (my FIL shares everything fully public and tags where he is, had to explain that no one who happens to search the hospital on FB wants to see a god awful post-labour photo of me holding DD when I'd been awake for 30hrs!!!)

I am personally not on Facebook but banned my family from posting pics of my children on there . I don’t agree with it . I don’t know most of the people they know so find it kinda weird . My sister did post a pic of DD1 when she was born on there and I told her to remove it and not to post anymore . My children my rules .

I would speak to her just be honest she may just be excited and overjoyed for you but still if you feel she’s over stepped the mark best to nip it in the bud now before she thinks it’s ok .

Thank You. I have been thinking about not posting photos online of my daughter anymore.

I totally agree with what u said, my child my rules.

I sent my Aunt a msg and I know she saw it and read it but she did not respond. You would think she would say sorry or didn’t mean to make u feel disrespected.... but nothing. She is either really upset or just doesn’t care. She didn’t tag me in the photo either. So im upset at her and the idea that over 50 strangers have liked and or commented on a photo of my daughter really bothers me.

That's a shame she didn't respond. Hopefully she has taken on board what you've said though and won't post any more photos of your daughter.

If she doesn't respond you can always reach out to facebook to have the photo removed. I am sure there is something that can be done. Sorry you are dealing with this.

Thank you. I am thinking of deactivating my FB account just to avoid dealing with issues like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->