Facebook q about hiding others

AP

Reaction score
I have hidden a few ppls statuses now for a number of reasons...

But lovely Facebook decides to display them on my feed anyway if a mutual friend "likes" their status.

Please tell me there's a way round it. :/

Im sure there is as i saw someone asking about it on facebook last week. Ill see if i can find it and how they got around it

Would appreciate that Jemma thanks. It seems a pointless excersise hiding statuses when they just get bumped back into my feed :wacko:

That is STUPID.

:hugs: hope you're okay, you know where I am x

I can't seem to find it but will keep looking

Have you totally unsubscribed from their updates or have you just hidden them?x

Just hidden, is that my problem ? X

I think so if you unsubscribe (its the same arrow bit you use to hide them) then nothing they post even on other peoples walls your friends with will come up - when they 1st 'improved' facebook to do it there was loads of status's going round to do it x

Thank you Jade, I'll try this x

I cant see the "unsubscribe" button but I clicked on the profiles, and clicked "friends" and deselected "show in news feed" (Ive hidden the statuses already so I dunno why FB does this :dohh:)

Time will tell today, I'll update in case anyone else is interested

OK, the friend who has liked or commented on the status you don't want to see: If you mouse-over the status in question, to the right of the bit where it says "Soandso commented on/liked Whoever's status" there should be a drop-down arrow. Click on that, and a menu will open. At the bottom should be an option like "Unsubcribe from comments and likes by <soandso>" and that's the option you want to click. You'll still see their own statuses etc, but you won't see them commenting on or liking anything else. You mnight need to do it a couple of times, FB can be crap like that. But it does work.

Hope you get it sorted :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->