Facing Divorce with a 4 Month Old

tankel

Super Mama
Reaction score
Hi all, just looking for some support now that I'm staring down the barrel of the divorce gun. My daughter is 4 months old and is exclusively BF. I also take her to work with me. My ex-OH just moved out on Sunday and I was wondering if you all have any tips on how to handle joint custody. I know that it is all just beginning and there is time to sort this all out, but any suggestions will be helpful.

Hi all, just looking for some support now that I'm staring down the barrel of the divorce gun. My daughter is 4 months old and is exclusively BF. I also take her to work with me. My ex-OH just moved out on Sunday and I was wondering if you all have any tips on how to handle joint custody. I know that it is all just beginning and there is time to sort this all out, but any suggestions will be helpful.

I think that whilst you are BF that unless she has any bottles, formula or expressed, then she will need to remain with you full time. If you can bare to be around each other then maybe he can come round to see her, even if you go to another room? As time goes on and she moves on from BF then you can take it from there. I believe ideally kids need both parents, they just don't necessarily need them together if it's not right. It will all fall into place eventually, it's only just happening for you. Stay strong :)

I agree with that, I ebf my dd abs I seperated from my husband when she was 10 weeks old.
We managed some access where I was around and then after 6 months I started leaving her with him 2/3 hours and then introduced one bottle per day which was when she was with him to start with and was the last feed of the day when she was with me.
As she was able to go longer without milk and ate food we increased to full days but not overnight until she was over 12 months.
X

The DH told me last night that he is certain he wants a divorce and that it was the best thing for us. He also wants to see our daughter as much as possible, which is a frighting prospect because I do not think I can handle seeing him for a while, which means I have to drop her off at his parent's house for a few hours and then pick her up again. I hope that things get easier soon, because tat isn't an effective way to co-parent.

I'm sure it will get easier, probably best that you get some space and you can work on coparenting later. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->