• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Failed 3hr glucose test - Levels at home are normal

ElizabethK_

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I was just wondering if anyone had this? I had the 3 hour glucose test. Fasting levels were under but 1 and 3 hours' levels where much higher than average.

So doctor has me testing my glucose levels 3 times a day now for a week to see how it goes. For the 2 days I have been testing levels are normal all day and I haven't really changed anything in my diet apart from not eating sugar, cause I never really do. Only when I crave chocolate some times.

Could the glucose test have been so hight due to other reasons? I really hope that my levels stay low anyway, but, even though I was upset when I found out that I probably have GD, I am willing to do whatever it takes to keep my baby girl safe!

Just wanted to know others' stories about their GD diagnosis.

This is what happened with me in my first pregnancy. I figured out I could pretty much eat whatever food I wanted, just not super sugary stuff like candy or soda. My levels were even fine when I had some dessert if it was right after dinner. BTW, you could probably get away with dark chocolate too. I'm convinced that my body just didn't like processing that much pure sugar at once with the glucose test, since I don't usually eat much sugar.

Looks like this is what's happening this pregnancy too. Failed the 1 hour test. I asked my dr if I could just test my blood sugar and she said to do it for a week to see if my levels are OK. If they are, she's not going to make me go through the whole GD process. So far so good.

It's good to read that this is not uncommon!

Thing is that yesterday my levels dropped down to 76 AFTER dinner! So maybe I'm thinking that my body, like yours, didn't like the pure glucose in my system and I thought, I'm not dieting any more. So today I ate normaly and levels after eating were 96-106. So I am just baffled at the results!

I talked to my doctor and he said to continue for the week and depending on the results we'll see where we go.

Only thing is that my fasting levels are 91-93 but I think that's just because I tend to sleep A LOT. So maybe there's a big gap and glucose levels rise?

All I know is that, that glucose test got me very very anxious and I was worried about what would happen, when in the end I don't know if I do have an intolerance to glucose!

Yeah, I've decided I have an intolerance to pure sugar, but not actual food. Or even sweet things if eaten with real food. I had a slightly high number (but not over the limit) when I ate a big bowl of oatmeal in the morning, but it had dried fruit and honey in it. I've taken the honey out and reduced the fruit and it dropped 15 points.

Yesterday I had my favourite thing. Pasta with cheese sauce. Just to test the limit. And my level afterwards was 106... I'm starting to think that either they gave me too much glucose or the 3hr test was wrong!

Good thing my meter keeps all the levels, so I can show my doctor, cause he would think I was cheating! Hahahahaha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->