Failed. Failure. I am a failure....

outcast831

Lily & Eddy's mom (+1)
Reaction score
Okay I am just having a moan but I failed my 1 hour glucose test. Grr!

This is my third pregnancy and its been a whole lot of firsts for me: first time having bleeding, first time having pre-term contractions, first time I had MS all the way to 18 weeks in, first time I had to spend any time in L&D to be monitored and now the first time I fail the glucose tolerance test.

Ok. Complaining over. Thank you for allowing me to feel sorry for myself for a moment. :)

I'm on my third and I hate this pregnancy lol first time I've ever had braxton hicks/contractions. I just did my test yesterday will know if I failed tomorrow. I'm also a lot more tired this time and 100x more pain in general :( I feel ya

I failed mine too (last week). I had to do the 3 hour on Monday, but they have not called to say I failed again, so hopefully no news is good news.

I have GD and wanna let you know that it's NOTHING that you did!! I promise! All the docs are surprised that I have it myself because I'm so small. Pre pregnancy weight of 88 lbs at 5ft! I have ate pretty well thru the pregnancy and everything and still have it. It's more hormonal/genetic than anything! So if you do have it, don't blame yourself, there's not really anything you could have done to cause/prevent it!

i failed my one hour by 9 points! but passed the dreaded (and I mean dreaded) 3 hour test with flying colors!! hopefully same for you!

i failed my one hour glucose test, but passed the two hoyr fasting one:) it happens alot! :)

Oh, is it not a 2 hour one first ? Is it different for each health trust?

im not sure, i live in canada. you get a one hour test where you drink the orange drink, and they take your blood an hour later. but i failed that one so had to go back after 8 hoyrs of fasting. (torture!) they took my fasting blood, one at one hour and one at two hours. alot of the time you can fail the one hour but pass the two hour:)

Thanks all. I just was annoyed. Hopefully all will turn out well at the 3 hour.

The one hour is not very accurate. I failed it too. I didn't think the 3-hour one was a big deal. I brought a lap top and watched tv shows in the waiting room.

:hugs: Like a previous poster has stated, GD (if you end up having it, it is quite possible you will pass the longer test! :flower:) is not your fault! Don't worry hun, you are not a failure!!

I had spotting, a hematoma, GD, HBP, and a bunch of other things with my last pregnancy, but ended up with a beautiful, healthy baby girl in the end!

Keeping my fx'd for you that you pass your 3 hour hun!

also...

i failed my 2 hr test. so i got diagnosed with GD, its tough!
but with help from the hubs and learning diffrent techniques i have managed to keep it down now. im a little confused at time what to eat cause i am starving alot BUT i was told i dont think i am getting enough protein. .

good luck and i am sure you will do just fine :thumbup:

i look at it like this .. so far i have lost weight on my body (not baby) and will need less time to lose weight post pregnancy lol woohoo!

I failed the 1 hour by ONE measly point!!

If I knew how awful the 3 hour test was, I would have probably fought the doctor on taking it. I felt SO awful during and after the 3 hour! Like coming up and down from the highest sugar rush I had in my entire life. I passed it, but I hope I never have to go through that again.

there was one point where i thought i would puke, but i kept it down thank goidness! you have to repeat the whole thing if you vomit!

During the 3 hour, I was so close to puking or passing out, the nurse let me lay down in one of the empty exam rooms so I went to sleep between having bloods taken lol

During the 3 hour, I was so close to puking or passing out, the nurse let me lay down in one of the empty exam rooms so I went to sleep between having bloods taken lol

i wish!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"