Failed my glucose screening :(

prettybirdy27

Reaction score
I just got the results of my 1 hour glucose screening and I failed - by three points! I'm so upset. I have to return for the three hour test next week.

I need some stories of women who have failed the one hour but passed the three hour!!

Also if you have gotten G.D., I'd like to hear about it too - basically how bad is it to manage?

I'm a little mad at my doctors office because they had initially told me to not fast for this. However, this morning, after breakfast of course, they called and told me they DID want me fasting. So I only had 8 hours of fasting. I'm really hoping that screwed it up, and that I pass the next one.

That was naughty of them. Hopefully it was just their cock up. I have 1 on the 14th. I have had 1 before that was fine. So hoping for the same this time. Try not to worry I have seen loads of woman fail the 1hour test but pass the others with flying colours. Good luck

There are many people who have failed the 1 hour and passed the 3 hour! I failed both with my first pretty badly. My second pregnancy I failed the 1 hour by a little and passed the 3 hour but barely so they had me retake the test a couple more times and I failed it at 36 weeks lol they only kept retesting me though because of my first pregnancy. Anyway.. My first it was hard for me to manage but I made bad food choices, gained a lot anyway and had a hard time keeping my numbers low.My second was much easier because I was wiser. I exercised and ate healthy foods which is why I think it took much longer for me to fail the 3 hour. I gained way less weight and was healthier. There is a good chance you will pass the 3 hour since they didn't even have you fast for the first one but if you happen to fail the 3 hour, try not to stress. They will give you good guidance so try to eat healthy and exercise.. Walk or something and it will be OK. I know I was so scared the first pregnancy and I failed the test but I'm much more relaxed now.. It forces me to make healthy choices and my babies have been healthy. :hugs:

Sorry, that's so frustrating! I've read a loooot of women fail the one hour and pass the 3, especially if you don't fast! I go for mine Friday and I'm anxious, i have a history of diabetes in my family so I'm higher risk for it. My doc mentioned i didn't neeed to fast, but it wasn't "cheating" if i did, and either way recommended a low carb meal/snack before if i needed one.

my mom had it with my younger sister, but managed to control it well and went on to have a healthy (almost 10lb...)baby at 42 weeks -lol oh 1989...i've gotten the impression there's no way they'd let that happen today!

The same thing happened to me last time. They didn't tell me to fast and so I failed the 1 hour one. Passed the 3 hour test with flying colours! You should be fine xx

With my daughter. I had GD. I managed it with diet and exercise and testing before and 2 hours after every meal. She did end up being a big baby. But we have no idea if it was caused by the GD, or because big babies run in the family.

I had my 1 hour glucose test at 16 weeks, and I failed, by like 1 point. But because I have been there done that. My doctor has me testing once a week and watching my diet and exercise. So far I have perfect levels when I test. But I will be going in for another 1hour in a few weeks. We'll see how it goes. As far as we are concerned I am bordering it this time. Can go either way.

But it is pretty nomal to fail the one hour, and still pass the 3 hour.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I manage with a low sugar, low carb, high protein diet.

Watching with interest....my GTT is on 17th September and I have never had one so not sure what to expect yet! Been told to fast from midnight the night before. Test is at 8.25am.

I failed my 1 hour by about three points as well, which my doctor treated like the end of the world. >< However when I went in and took the three hour I passed with 'flying colors' and everything seemed perfect. I am a heavier woman, I lost a lot of weight prepregnancy but no matter how well I eat i can't seem to keep it off now that I'm almost 26 weeks pregnant. I do have a retesting of the three hour in a couple weeks and hopefully that goes well aswell.

I failed the glucose screening test but passed the longer test.

Mine is not til October and they said it's a 2 hour test? I hate that the Docs make you feel so terrible. My BMI was not over 30 until i got pregnant. They measured me at 12 weeks (after which I'd put on weight and also my boobs went up 3 sizes too!) so when they weighed me then my bmi was slightly over (33)and they made me feel awful.

Thank you everyone. I'm super nervous for my three hour test next week but I'm sure it will be fine. However, is it normal for me to feel this sick to my stomach the day after the one hour? I could barely eat last night after the test and today I just feel nauseated. Also LO has been kicking like it's her job since the test yesterday, much much more than normal and it's starting to make me a little nauseous too.

Yes... I actually threw up a couple times trying to take the 3 hour so had to keep redoing and always felt sick after the 1 hour. Usually I felt better the next day. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->